Missouri-Kansas City

ceremony + reception site for 300

Just got engaged this week (yay!) and here is our dilemma.

* October 2011 (very popular month, we're finding)
* 300 guests (no less than 275) -- SEATED
* downtown KC ceremony & reception site in one if possible
* love the style of Arts Incubator, River Market Event Place for more urban look OR even an elegant ballroom, BUT those places are either booked or too small

Has anyone heard of that "perfect" place that perhaps I haven't stumbled upon yet? I apprecite any tips!

Re: ceremony + reception site for 300

• edited December 2011
    http://bergeventspace.com/ or The Hobbs. We are having ours at the Stowe building in the West Bottoms. We also looked at the Arts Incubator and we are planning around 150 and thought it was going to be too small so I would think it would REALLY be small for 275. Good luck!
  • kelleyku05kelleyku05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about the Sawyer room, The Uptown theater, or The Villa of Kansas City.  Not sure the exact capacity of all of the, but I know the first 2 are larger and you can have both ceremony and receptions.
  • edited December 2011

I'm having my recepetion at The Uptown Theater and they do ceremonies too...We also looked at Californo's in Westport, The Villa and The Scarritt and they all do ceremoies as well.    I've heard really good things about The Town Pavilion too.

• KatejMillerKatejMiller member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to my life back in July! :D 

Congrats on the Engagement! 

We are doing our reception (of a max 300 min. probly 270) at Black on Burlington. They are in North Kansas City right across the river from downtown! 

We are having the ceremony at a church though, Platte Woods United Methodist... But I think this site allows for ceremonies too! 
  • edited December 2011
    Our reception is at the Sawyer Room in May 2011 and they can hold up to 300.
  • edited December 2011
    My fiance and I wanted to have our reception at The Sawyer room, do they provide food? or do you have to hire a caterer from their list, which have been cheaper for you? (If you dont mind me asking)
  • RachelB313RachelB313 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you everyone! I went to all the places suggested above (30 visits total...yikes). Finally settled on Studio Dan Meiners. Very excited!
  • s403045s403045 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Black On Burlington. That;s where were having our and its sooo awesome!! They are pretty new so no pics up on their site yet!  Its worth setting up an appointment!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards