Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Next GTG Dates?

So I've got a hosted get-together in the works, thanks to a vendor and The Knot.  More details later... but how many of you would be willing to come out for some fun? I'm thinking a Sunday afternoon will probably be best, so which dates work best for you?

If more than one date works, let me know!

Re: Next GTG Dates?

• drdifabiodrdifabio member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

The only weekend I COULDNT make it to would be the 15th - I will be at a bachelorette party that weekend.

So either of the other two work for me so I just voted for the 29th just to vote for one of them. I wish you could pick more than one option with these polls...

• edited December 2011
    I coudn't do the 15th, but the others work for me!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • maybe984maybe984 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Like Danielle, the only one of those dates that I absolutely can't make is the 15th (annual cabin party with my besties...) but either of the other two dates would work.
  • maybe984maybe984 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Er... like Danielle AND Jen!

Clearly the 15th doesn't seem to work for anyone so far ;-)
  • KittE7KittE7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    22: I have missed all the GTGs b/c of work or feeling ill or wedding-stuff-hunting.  So it would be cool to go to this one...  the Big Day is Aug 27, so I wonder what my state of mind will be the weekend before... but hopefully all my big planning will be done by the 22nd, and I know I'm not working!
    eight twenty-seven ten
    reviews to come, i promise
  • edited December 2011
    Sounds like we should go with the 22nd.  We could make this more of an organized DIY?  The vendor I'm working with is a reception venue that is super flexible on what we decide to do.

Any other suggestions for activities?
  • Enchanted616Enchanted616 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so excited!  I got all ready for the last one.. but then at the last minute, totally chickened out.  Really want to make it to this one! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Finished BC and not preventing since June 2010.
    Actively trying for baby #1 since July 2011.
    SA completed 5/29/2012. No sperm found.
    11/12: Dx: Congenital Bilateral Absense of the Vas Deferens.
    Genetic Testing needed as this is a mutation of Cystic Fibrosis.
    IVF #1 with ICSI planned for 2013.
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
  • hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_next-gtg-dates?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:bdd585b1-0290-4540-9b7f-07fee34ad204Post:2bb5b798-b3d9-46bf-a641-db6364a9c835">Re: Next GTG Dates?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm so excited!  I got all ready for the last one.. but then at the last minute, totally chickened out.  Really want to make it to this one! 
    Posted by Enchanted616[/QUOTE]

That made me laugh!  We're really not that scary.  I swear!

The only day I can't make it is Aug 15th.  The other days should be okay for me.
  • laura_fettlaura_fett member
    edited December 2011
    I can't make it to the 15th either, I'd prefer the 29th, but should be able to make it to the 22nd!
  • edited December 2011

Def not the 15th...still working in SD.  But other than that I should be able to come! Prefer the 22nd though.  Smile

Hitched! 09.30.11
  • bemidji21bemidji21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been hearing about these since I joined and have been hoping another one would come up soon. I can make any of the three dates, but can someone explain to me what these are all about. (i.e. what goes on, what to bring, etc?)
  • edited December 2011
    I can only make the 29th, but I'm an old married woman so my vote should only count as 1/2 a vote haha.
    Trying to Conceive Ticker "All that I'm after is a life full of laughter, As long as I'm laughing with you" Planning Bio image
  • edited December 2011
    Bemidji- you shouldn't have to bring anythign to this one.  I've got a venue willing to host (and provide refreshments) for us. 

Sometimes, the GTG are just at one of the girl's houses, and which point it's more of a potluck style.

I'm looking for ideas on what to do during this GTG, so any ideas you girls have would be wonderful!  I'm thinking this could be a good chance to get some help on DIY projects, too.
  • tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_next-gtg-dates?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:bdd585b1-0290-4540-9b7f-07fee34ad204Post:2bb5b798-b3d9-46bf-a641-db6364a9c835">Re: Next GTG Dates?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm so excited!  I got all ready for the last one.. but then at the last minute, totally chickened out.  Really want to make it to this one! 
    Posted by Enchanted616[/QUOTE]

I really want to go, but I could totally see this being me too! I voted 22nd.
  • edited December 2011
    No chickening out!! 

I mean, come on. I've never been to a GTG, and I'm organizing this one. ;)  If I have to go, you do too.  All of you.
  • edited December 2011
    Ha ha! I will try not to chicken out this time too! Like everyone else- 15th is a no go for me but I could do either other weekend :)
  • edited December 2011
    I didn't vote, because they all work for me just fine.  I had to bail on the last one, so I've been really looking forward to our next GTG.  I'm finally going to have a DIY project to do, too!
  • edited December 2011
    For Ideas on what to do... I could teach every one how to make these flowers! They are pretty easy once you know the tricks.

edited December 2011
    clutch - I would like to learn! I am always open to another DIY project :). I am not sure everyone else will want to but I am prolly far enough with my wedding stuff that I could take a break! Just let me know what I should bring.
  • edited December 2011
    Danielle- would you help me with my hangers? :)

edited December 2011
    Steph - of course! I would love to help! Just bring 12g wire and needle noise pliers if you have them. Otherwise I have a pair I can bring too. If you dont have wire yet, I would recommend getting it from the floral section at Joann as it seems the be the lease expensive there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards