Getting in Shape

Q: How much weight did I gain in a week?

A: About 4 pounds, making my total gain between Thanksgiving and NYE about 5 pounds, up to 156 from 151, undoing at least 6 weeks worth of hard work- although I suspect some of this is water weight and will come off easily.

BUT. That is ok. I have cleansed my house of all the junk, even though it pained me to throw/give away perfectly good food and candy, I have resumed drinking tons of water, been on a few walks, planning to start Ripped in 30 on Monday, and resumed my healthy eating. Time to drop the last 20 pounds!

What's everyone else's holiday damage? Or did some of you manage to, unlike me, have some will power?
LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Q: How much weight did I gain in a week?

• I was up 6 lbs but it was just holiday bloat and it's already gone now that i'm back to clean foods and water instead of yummy holiday treats.  Likely yours is just bloat unless you got seriously out of control on the eating front.  Isn't 4 lbs gain something like 14,000 calories over maintenance?  I'm gonna say generally impossible.
  • I've gained 6 pounds and it hasn't gone back down. And my wedding's in 7 weeks!!! Give yourself a break and feel happy that the holidays are over and that you still have 5+ months to meet your goals! Get get 'em!:)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • I actually lost weight in between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I think I am up 2 pounds since Dec 23 but I will know for sure tomorrow morning. I hate having to weigh in on random scales when away from home. I never know if they are accurate.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Im not checking until next week after I'm back on track! I know a lot of it will be bloat and it will make me feel blah even though it really shouldn't cause it will be gone in a week of eating well and drinking lots of water/exercising.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_q-much-weight-did-gain-week?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:3110d747-69ff-447d-8180-51cd79ba1436Post:3a5a05b0-78a1-492b-b3c6-1c7a1f247ece">Re: Q: How much weight did I gain in a week?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Im not checking until next week after I'm back on track! I know a lot of it will be bloat and it will make me feel blah even though it really shouldn't cause it will be gone in a week of eating well and drinking lots of water/exercising.
    Posted by quiggels219[/QUOTE]

<div>I agree with this.  Don't let yourself get down - give it a chance to balance out.</div>
  • I don't know and I'm not going to find out!  I'm going to kick it back into high gear and get back on the scale at the end of January.  I get irrationably upset when I gain so I'm going to spare myself the dissapointment and frustration.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • I haven't weighed myself because I just don't want to know.

Like Anna mentioned, most holiday weight gain is just bloat (and intestinal back-up.  yuck.) and disappears pretty quickly once you get your nutrient profile back on track.

So I'm going to give myself a good week back on track before I get on the scale.  Don't want to freak myself out unnecessarily.
  • I gained like a pound or so but I weighted myself when I had my period.

• I am so thankful I stuck with working out like crazy - even though I ate rather poorly for the holidays I still managed to lose 3 lbs :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards