Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Recommend your....

dog food storage system. My breeder requires that I feed Grigio a specific puppy food for the first year, and it's only available by online order. I ordered a 20 bag to be economical, but I need a way to store it in the basement in some sort of a plastic or other container since he eats about 1/3 - 2/3 of a cup per day total. lol. I checked out Walmart and Big lots, nada. Any suggestions would be great! Thanks!!
August Siggy Challenge- Wedding Must Have - sleigh cake stand Bio updated 04/05/10.
Anniversary

Re: Recommend your....

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We got a pet food storage container at WalMart about 6 months ago...it's clear plastic, holds a 20 lbs bag, and has a lid that has a little snap lock on it. (Our dog trys to open it sometimes with his nose, but he hasn't gotten in...yet!)  Maybe they'd have more of a selection at PetSmart or another specialty pet store?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Which walmart/what section of the store?  Maybe I was looking at the wrong section
    August Siggy Challenge- Wedding Must Have - sleigh cake stand Bio updated 04/05/10.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We have this one...it sits on the floor of our pantry.

It works just fine (I hate smelling dog food and I can never smell it, lol!) and had a little scoop that fits in the lid for measuring.  

HTH!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy Birthday, little man. We love you so much!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Search & Win
    My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Got it from back in the pet food section... I think it was only 10 bucks or so!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Forgot to mention, it was at the WalMart in Carneige.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We have this one:

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2753798

We have the one that holds 35 pounds. It keeps the gross dog food smell in and keeps the dog out :)

PetSmart had lots of them when we were looking, so I'd check them out!
  • Options
    New_to_PGHNew_to_PGH member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We also have a rubbermaid container with a snap-shut lid. We buy dog food in 45 lb bags, and keep it in 2 containers (one stored  in the closet, and one in "their" room by their food bowls.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We actually just use a kitchen garbage can with a lid that snaps closed. We got it for maybe $10 at Target. It works great!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards