Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

stress breakouts!

Can anyone suggest to me a new facewash or daily regimen for clear skin??  Usually, I use a neutrogena bar and 2xs a week I use an exfoliator.  Then, I follow up with toner and moisturizer.  I've been following this regimen for as long as I can remember and I've always been fine.  I think the stress is getting to me.

Usually, my skin is fine.  The only time I get a pimple is during my TOM.  I'm finding that breakouts have been too common lately.  I don't want to have this problem when I'm about to take that walk down the aisle.  Does anyone have any advice for me?  TIA!!
Photobucket

Re: stress breakouts!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I love The Body Shop's tea tree oil line.  They have face wash, blackhead scrub, toner and (my favorite) blemish sticks. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Cara, I'll give that a try.  I am going nuts with these breakouts.  It's not a mystery though, I know it's stress.  I feel like we're doing so much these days and I don't have any free time to just chill out.  I don't remember the last time I sat down to read or even watch a tv show.  I can't wait til November 8th when we arrive in Jamaica! 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I hear ya..... if you can't keep your stress levels down, then I recommend doing your best to keep your face clean (wash your makeup off as soon as you get home, change your pillowcase often, etc.) and make sure you aren't touching your face (this is my biggest problem).  And try to get some non-wedding fun time!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    FutureMrsTCTFutureMrsTCT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If the body shop stuff doesn't work, Clinique has an acne 3 step system that works wonders! I breakout around TOM and from stress, and I saw results in appx 1 1/2 weeks. They even have a smaller set (sort of like a sample/ travel size) that would be perfect for you if you decide to try it.
    *~~*The Future Mrs. Coulter-Thurley*~~*
    Siggy Challenge Pic with BM
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Before my wedding I used Philosophy's Oxygen Peel (its really just an exfoliation/cleansing product) in addition to my regular cleansing and moisturizing regimen.  I got it at sephora.  I really liked it, and people told me I "was glowing" LOL.  Its about $50, but has 10 treatments, so its not really that bad.
  • Options
    LadyJ10LadyJ10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_stress-breakouts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:9d727f84-686e-4807-bfb3-2952c4843a7dPost:f746f1ca-3032-4683-befa-6ceed5bea357">Re: stress breakouts!</a>:
    [QUOTE]If the body shop stuff doesn't work, Clinique has an acne 3 step system that works wonders! I breakout around TOM and from stress, and I saw results in appx 1 1/2 weeks. They even have a smaller set (sort of like a sample/ travel size) that would be perfect for you if you decide to try it.
    Posted by FutureMrsTCT[/QUOTE]

I recommend this, as well. Before I went the prescription route, this was the only system that worked for me and kept my skin from peeling off!

P.S. I feel like when we got the "changes" talk in middle school, they told us acne was going to end after puberty. They LIED!
    And they're the five best friends that anyone could have, the five best friends that anyone could have! Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_stress-breakouts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:9d727f84-686e-4807-bfb3-2952c4843a7dPost:86a52b7d-d18b-4517-9cc1-b446b1107d3a">Re: stress breakouts!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: stress breakouts! : I recommend this, as well. Before I went the prescription route, this was the only system that worked for me and kept my skin from peeling off! <strong>P.S. I feel like when we got the "changes" talk in middle school, they told us acne was going to end after puberty. They LIED!</strong>
    Posted by LadyJ10[/QUOTE]

This. I couldn't agree more. I'm like Stacy and only get real bad aorund my TOM, but COME ON! As far as my recommendation, I use Medicated Apricot Scrub and really like it. It has salicylic acid in it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know I hate stress zits and TOM zits! I am almost 30 for crying out loud!

Anyways, I seen a Stress face wash in walmart, Neutrogena makes it I think, but it says stress right on it. Try that. I was thinking about picking it up. Like MadamA,I also use the apricot scrub. Works good. I need to exfoliate often bc of my psoriasis.
  • Options
    Jesster153Jesster153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_stress-breakouts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:9d727f84-686e-4807-bfb3-2952c4843a7dPost:9f461dd4-10e9-44aa-b17f-750dd5dc926b">Re: stress breakouts!</a>:
    [QUOTE] change your pillowcase often, etc.) and make sure you aren't touching your face (this is my biggest problem).  Posted by caraellen23[/QUOTE]

ditto to both of these. I wash my pillow cases a lot to help with this. And I'm a 'lean on my chin'-er so I get chin break outs a lot so I've been tryign to stop.
    But I'm right there with ya with the stress/TOTM break outs.  I have 2 awful aliens popping out now- it sucks.

I've been using the Neutrogena Skin ID- it's cool bc you answer all these questions about your skin and then they customize a program for you. It's been working pretty well but I'm always looking for new stuff.
    Siggy Challange: Me and my girls :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls,  I'll check em all out.  Till then, I'll  keep my hands off of my face lol.  I think more than that, I have to keep my students hands away from my face.  That's a tricky one!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_stress-breakouts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:9d727f84-686e-4807-bfb3-2952c4843a7dPost:0f938b6b-6379-4393-8cf2-0fcca00aac2c">Re: stress breakouts!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks girls,  I'll check em all out.  Till then, I'll  keep my hands off of my face lol.  I think more than that, I have to keep my students hands away from my face.  That's a tricky one!
    Posted by Stacylynn702[/QUOTE]

duct tape :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Stacylynn if you can you may want to consult with a dermotologist. It has made the WORLD of diffence for me and I wish I had done it sooner. I would typically just break out around that TOM amd had decent skin but it seemed more frequent after engagement and family drama started.  A quick trip to the dermotologist has man all the difference and honestly I don't even have break outs during that TOM anymore either.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_stress-breakouts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:9d727f84-686e-4807-bfb3-2952c4843a7dPost:46de0076-11f8-40a9-88da-50ac6901e56e">Re: stress breakouts!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: stress breakouts! : duct tape :)
    Posted by Bride_to_be_2011[/QUOTE]

HA! 
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards