New York-New York City

HELP..NEED TO FIND AFFORDABLE WATER FRONT LOCATION

HEY BRIDES,

I AM FROM RHODE ISLAND AND MY FIANCE IS FROM NYC ..MY FIANCE AND I ARE LOOKING TO HAVE OUR WEDDING IN NEW YORK.. MY DREAM IS TO HAVE A WATER FRONT LOCATION IN NYC.. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTION FOR A LOCATION THAT IS BEAUTIFUL, MEMORABLE, AND INEXPENSIVE AT THE SAME TIME.. IF SO PLEASE LET ME KNOW ..I AM IN DESPERATE NEED OF AN INEXPENSIVE MEMORABLE WEDDING.  THANKS IN ADVANCE

Re: HELP..NEED TO FIND AFFORDABLE WATER FRONT LOCATION

• bklyn10910bklyn10910 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married at Giando on the Water in Brooklyn. We had amazing views of the Manhattan skyline and the Williamsburg Bridge. Great food, service and prices too!

Maureen & Jonathan - Married 10-9-10 | Expecting our first child 05-04-13 BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you so much I am going o look into it.. :)
  • edited December 2011
    Definitely Giando's and try the new hotel in LIC so you get the NYC view from Queens -- The Ravel Hotel.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm from RI as well - now living in NJ, if you want the city skyline, there are also a number of places in NJ on the Hudson River.  I'm getting married at Waterside (North Bergen NJ) there's also Chart House in Weehawken
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married at Water's Edge in Long Island City. It has really beautiful views of the skyline, and was reasonably priced. There is also so much included per person, and there is an option to have a party boat sail from the dock after the reception as well.

• stormydovestormydove member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married at the Water Street Restaurant in Brooklyn.  It's technically not quite on the water, but as close as you can be, really.  You can access Brooklyn Bridge Park from either end of the street.  The interior is loungy, a bit edgy.  Not very fancy, but fun.  Definitely not a wedding-hall-feeling.   The prices are very reasonable, and the event coordinator there, Brian Ritchie, is an angel!  
  • edited December 2011
    Try these:

http://www.riverviewny.com/

http://landmarkhospitality.com/

As always, you'll get a better price for a Friday or Sunday and also if you have a daytime reception as opposed to nightime. January, February, March and November are probably the cheapest months too. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards