New York-Long Island

Help! Should Guest Pay?

Good Afternoon,

I am writing because I need help. I went online and am thinking of doing a destination Wedding, most of my friends and family love to travel and do all sorts of things, so this may be enjoyable to us all.
Well I stumble across a site that does destination weddings and a venue in Connecticut that charges very cheap for a 2 day 2 night wedding resort and it includes food, and catering. They are charging $130pp, which I think is Phenomenal. I spoke to my fiancé and he thinks is a great idea, but he also suggested to ask guests to pay for overnight stay, which does not come included on the price. He thinks is only fair being that we are paying for food for all 2.5 days and the reception food and their activity-filled-itinerary. I don't know if I should ask and how I should ask it

Re: Help! Should Guest Pay?

• edited December 2011
    1) Spell check is your friend.

2) At a destination wedding, you are NOT expected to pay for their airfare or hotel bill.  You should see if it covers alcohol.  BTW - food and catering?  Generally the same thing.
    imageAnniversary

RIP Dr. Irving Fishman - 10/1/19-7/25/10 - thank you for holding on for me.
    You made my wedding day complete.
  • edited December 2011
    It does NOT mean the same thing when I am speaking about Breakfast, Lunch AND dinner. One thing is having a wedding catered another is just eating at a local restaurant, which this venue provides BOTH.
  • edited December 2011
    Ok - forgive me for trying to HELP you.  If you posted this on the etiquette board you'd probably get snarkier remarks.  Next time I won't respond.  Good luck.
    imageAnniversary

RIP Dr. Irving Fishman - 10/1/19-7/25/10 - thank you for holding on for me.
    You made my wedding day complete.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards