September 2012 Weddings

Save the dates

Brides,

When are you sending out SAVE THE DATE'S?  My wedding will be on the Saturday of Labor Day weekend and majority of our family will be coming from out of town. I need your HELP!!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Save the dates

• Ours is also Saturday, Sept 1. It's in Europe - and the entire groom's family lives in the US. We're sending ours in October or November to give people plenty of time.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Well I have started telling people word of mouth that we are going with September 1st.  I figure come Jan I will mail out the Save the Dates. 

• I am hoping to send mine out around mid december.
  • We're sending ours out with Christmas cards in December. A lot of his family will be coming from the East Coast, so we want them to have plenty of time.
    The Happy Couple <3 <br/>
    Photobucket

"All began with love; all seeks to return to love. Love is the law, the teacher of wisdom, and the great revealer of mysteries." -Faery teaching

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_save-dates-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:aca05cab-1815-479c-a541-951f7f04a6e5Post:43868e5e-5194-4fe3-ae75-2c58d87f5d21">Re: Save the dates</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well I have started telling people word of mouth that we are going with September 1st.  I figure come Jan I will mail out the Save the Dates. 
    Posted by jdrose5[/QUOTE]

I am a 9/1/12 bride too and I plan to send my STDs in January 2012 as well. 

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• We're sending our STD's out in Mid-January, that way they are less likely to be misplaced in everyone's  the holiday shuffle. Almost all of our family and friends are coming from Michigan, Indiana, and Ohio to Vegas so this will give them plenty of time to make arrangements and budget in the travel expenses. Many of our guests already know approximately when it will be by word of mouth.

"We may not have it all together, but together we have it all!" ~Anonymous~ "It is far better to be small and *Shine* than to be big and cast a Shadow!" ~Anonymous~
  • I really appreciate you all for taking the time to respond!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sending mine in August of this year.  Mainly because its at Disney and EVERYONE is OOT (LOL) but also because our hotel reservation window opens up for the guests so I want to give them as much time to plan and save for the wedding. 

BTW - Labor Day weekend bride here too! But mine is on Sept 2.
    80 said yes image
  • jrkjpfjrkjpf member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    We are getting married 9/2/2012, and will probably be sending a majority of them in christmas cards.

Who are you to judge the life I live? I know I'm not perfect and I don't live to be. But, before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean. -Bob Marley

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards