Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

What are/were your cake flavors?

2»

Re: What are/were your cake flavors?

• edited December 2011
    We are having vanilla with strawberry filling on the bottom (great summer flavor) and red velvet on the second tier and red velvet again on the third (we were told that flavor freezes nicely!)
  • edited December 2011

We are doing three tiers:
    Bottom: Lemon with raspberry filling (it is delicious!)
    Middle: Chocolate with cheesecake filling
    Top: Vanilla with buttercream filling

The really cool part? My friend that I have known since the third grade is making my cake!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • beadgirl32beadgirl32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having champange cake with strawberry filling from this great place - Hubbard Avenue Diner. www.hubbardavenuediner.com
  • edited December 2011

My fiance and I are from the caribbean so we are having a three tier traditional almond flavored pound cake (buttery, fattening, delicious) with creamy white royal icing,   we are having a traditonal island grooms cake which is a black cake (heavy fruit cake soaked in cake wine and rum) and because our reception is at an italian restaurant we are also having tiramisu (triple yum)! 

• azbride11azbride11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're offering two flavors...pink champagne with white chocolate filling and mocha with chocolate ganache.  The pink champagne was the most delicious thing I have ever tasted...I usually do not like white chocolate, but this one tasted like buttercream to me.  The mocha cake tasted like the best chocolate on chocolate cake I ever had, which is saying something since I am generally not a chocolate person.  It will all be finished with buttercream on the outside.
  • APW2010APW2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having Banana Cake with chocolate cream cheese filling on our bottom layer, Chocolate Blackout Cake with chocolate caramel filling in the middle, and Carrot Cake with cream cheese filling for the top.

I think we will surprise everyone with the banana cake, especially since I am not a fan of cake and FI is a super chocoholic, but we both thought it was one of the best cakes we've ever tried. I'm still in shock he picked anything over chocolate cake, but that's just how good it was!!!
  • edited December 2011
    We are having two flavors, one is white cake with almond mouse and crushed almonds and the other is chocolate cake with lemon curd and crushed raspberries. Totally yummy!
  • edited December 2011
    I just ordered my cake today!  It will be strawberry cake with Bavarian cream mixed with strawberries for filling, covered in whipped cream frosting! It is going to be so delicious (and beautiful!)!
    We are having 3 tiers and decided to do them all the same flavor because we figured that if there was more than one option, alot of people might try to have a piece of each flavor and then we might run short on cake
  • StephaB87StephaB87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are going with butter cake with cream cheese icing and rasberry filling...it is a little traditional so it will appeal to everyone's taste but it is also a little different...a nice change from just butter cake with plain buttercream icing
  • taters1975taters1975 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having three layers the anniversary and bottom layer chocolate cake with mango filling and the middle layer with white almond cake and chocolate mousse.
  • BackpackersBackpackers member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're having genoise cake with custard and alternating raspberry and apricot filing, and chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream filling. Both are covered with chocolate ganache!
  • JKLieneckJKLieneck member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm hoping my baker can make a chocolate hazelnut and a key lime rum cake... mmm.
    September 2011 Board - June 2011 Siggy Challenge: Pic of you and FH outside(we're usually in the water when outside)
    Wedding day: 9/10/11!
  • jojobear09jojobear09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I thought it would be fun to extend our color scheme (pink and brown) to the cake...so we're doing a strawberry cake with chocolate buttercream frosting! We'll have a two-tier cake plus sheetcakes, all the same flavors. 
  • lturpynlturpyn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're going with something completely non-traditional-- ice cream cake!  We're ordering 2 fudge-crunch ice cream sheet cakes from Baskin Robbin's (they'll layer them for us).  I'm totally psyched about this!  Neither my fiance or I are big 'cake' eaters but I LOVE ice cream cake-- this saves hundreds of $$$ AND it's something delicious that we'll both enjoy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Neeter59Neeter59 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing spice cake with pumpkin buttercream frosting, YUM!  Groom's cake will be chocolate/yellow marble w/chocolate icing. 
  • edited December 2011

Bottom: Lemon cake with lemon mousse and lemond curd.
    Second: Red Velvet with cream cheese
    Third: Tuxedo w/amaretto liquor
    Top Tier: Tiramisu

I love the idea of having options and more than one flavor.  FI and I could not decide on just one flavor.

My wedding Bio My baking Blog View from Le'ahi Diamond Head image
  • penelope204penelope204 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having 3 layers of cake and 2  1 layer cake on the left and right. it's a dominican cake. the bottom has a pineapple filling, the second a guallava filling and the third a milk cream filling. the other small 2 will be a pineapple filling. The frosting is going to be a white fluffy one with swivels. to top it off i will be puting real minty green and light yellow flowers to add color to the cake.
  • icysilkicysilk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Bottom layer was a devils food chocolate cake with a chocolate almond mouse filling. This was a chocolate layer to die for with chocolate lovers.

Middle layer was a white champagne cake with a fresh champage raspberry filling. I was surprised how the champagne flavors come through and it is so good with the filling.  This sounded so much like a celebratory layer.

The top layer was an angel food cake with fresh strawberries mixture (mixture was like what is used in strawberry shortcake)
    The entire outside frosting and decorations was almost a whipped creme fluffy frosting that complimented all the different laye flavors. It was not buttercreme but something called Bettercreme which was so light and fluffy tasting.

The cake was symbolic play on having both devils food and angel food cakes celebrating the good and the naughty times a couple will have during marriage.

It was the best! yum.

• kmclv2trvlkmclv2trvl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having a three-tiered cake with the top and bottom layers being Italian Creme Cake and the middle layer being white (for the boring people).
  • ohkkingohkking member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How pretty it was was more important to me and how it tasted was more important to the fiance.  So I chose white buttercream frosting to get the cloud look I wanted and he chose chocolate for the inside because that's his favorite.  We're simple but balanced!

• budvar1012budvar1012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Buttercream frosting and delicious lemon cake.
    "Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, WHOA. Lois, this is not my Batman glass."
  • kmortensonkmortenson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have a 3 tier cake and separate flavors for each tier!
    Bottom tier is a pumpkin spice with a cream cheese icing filling, second tier is  orange creamsicle with a buttercream filling and top tier is red velvet with a cream cheese filling!
  • edited December 2011
    We are doing:

Layer 1 Cookies N Cream
    Layer 2  Choclate with Natulla filling
    Layer 3 Cookies N Cream
    Layer 4 ( if we decide to  add a 4th layer) Cookies N cream

Frosting is Butter Cream. We will be adding Chocolate Gum paste circles on the cake.

picture # 1 is some what we want  but in our colors ( the whole cake will be white and the dots will be in our colors) and more Topsy Turey( like picture #2)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • bennett221bennett221 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    bottom layer: Carrot Cake With Buttercream Icing
    3rd layer: Red Velvet with Buttercream Icing
    2nd layer: Lemon Cake with Buttercream Icing
    Top Layer: Chocolate Cake with Buttercream Icing
  • vioilettevioilette member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having 3 different flavors on 4 tiers!

Why not?

We couldn't decide, so we went with all the ones we loved!

First layer - Vanilla Almond Cake w/ Hazelnut Mousse

2nd layer - Butter Mint Cake w/ Chocolate Ganache 

3rd layer - Strawberry Cake w/ fresh fruit filling

4th layer (Ours to keep!) - Vanilla Almond as the first one.

Have fun with trying out the local bakeries. It's amazing - people just hand you a box of free cake! 
    So much fun!

Good luck 
    Smile
  • felkelsfelkels member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    3 tiers:
    Bottom: Apple spice with cream cheese filling
    middle: Chocolate with mint mousse filling
    top: white cake with marscopone/fresh strawberry filling
  • edited December 2011
    We're doing cupcakes:

Key lime coconut (white sponge cake with key lime pie filling and coconut frosting)
    Strawberries & cream (white cake with vanilla frosting, filled with fresh cut up strawberry pieces)
    GF Chocolate with vanilla frosting
    Cookies & Cream

And then a cake top tier style cake for cutting: alternating layers of raspberry preserves and lemon curd sandwiched between pillows of white sponge cake, covered in vanilla buttercream and garnished with fresh raspberries

(also, our baker gives us a certificate so that we can order a traditional top tier style cake for our one year)
  • edited December 2011
    vanilla bean cake with mango curd and raspberry fillings on the bottom tier, and the same cake with chocolate ganache filling on the middle tier.  The top is for us... and will be the same as the bottom.  swiss buttercream icing.
    ~Danielle~ 25 June 2011 June 2011 Siggy Challenge: E-Ring Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • AjaArmaniAjaArmani member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i've always wondered if you could do a bottom layer of cheesecake served on ice (because warm cheesecake is just not good eats :( ). . . .
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards