January 2012 Weddings

Planning Process

I want to liven this board up!  I don't really feel a connection to my local board.  So just a little check in...Where are people at in their planning process?

Can't wait to hear from you ladies!

Re: Planning Process

• Kendall, i can vouch for hippolover (great name!) -- once you pick the venue things just sort of snap into place..it really sets the tone for your vision...

with that said, that is the ONLY thing i have picked. I am sitting down with the planner today to go over budget details and interview a photographer...i can't wait to do that b/c i want to get E-pics out of the way so I can order the STDs (anyone else really giggle at that acronym? I mean, it's the only tied about STD! haha)

Sounds like i am WAY behind all you other overacheivers...need to play catchup! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jl46jl46 member
    First Comment
    We have:
    -Venue Booked (ceremony/reception/food)
    -Guest List finalized
    -Dress hanging up at home with veil
    -Attendants finalized
    -DJ booked
    -Photographers booked
       -Engagement pics taken
    -Save the dates half way done
    -Centerpeices halfway done (we're using lanterns and flowers, purchased lanterns)
    -Officiant booked (family)
    -Colors picked out (purple, brown, green)
    -Cake tasted and booked
    -Reception food tasted/booked
    -Met with florist about what we want to do

What I still need to do: (in no particular order)
    -Purchase undergarments for dress, purchase shoes
    -Go bridesmaid dress shopping (June 12th)
    -Finish STDs (waiting for engagement pics to come in)
    -Start Invites
    -Pick out ceremony readings etc (purchased book from Barnes and noble yesterday)
    -Start Place cards
    -Start Programs
    -Start display wall
    -Start table numbers
    -Meet with florist, finalize plans
    -Meet with DJ, finalize plans
    -Meet with venue, finalize plans
    -Find unity candle set
    -Finish registering

... I feel like there is so much more too. Gah.

All of the big things are done though, just waiting for all of the little stuff to start piling up hahaha.
  • Only needing to send out the invitations and have the final fitting to do before the big day. Working on honeymoon plans since three teen aged kids are coming with us it could be very interesting. Good luck all anyone from Totonto Ontario area needing help drop me a line... I am bitting at the bit. Jan seems so far away Silk
  • Hi, I'm Tara, and I'm new to the boards. My date is 1-21-12.

I have the venue, photographer, and band booked. In the next week or so I will be booking my videographer. Also my wedding gown and bridesmaides dresses are purchased. My save the dates are already done and have arrived. I just need to addresss and mail them. My invitations are about to be ordered from Ebay.

I feel like I am way ahead of the game and I am sad because I still want to continue wedding planning because I love it so much!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ahh! I am so behind! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards