New Jersey

??? Other than the Venetian....

hi everyone! Can someone suggest maybe 2-3 catering halls in northern/central jersey that have a capacity for 500+ guests other than the venetian or seasons ....

Thanks I'd really appreciate it!
Old people have a tendency at weddings to come up to you and say "ohhh when is your turn??" at funerals I find that same old person and ask them that very question .....

Re: ??? Other than the Venetian....

• sgdc2011sgdc2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about hotel ballrooms?

I'm pretty sure the New Brunswicks Hyatt can hold that many.
    Maybe the Imperia in Somerset?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_other-venetian?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:c4ffb9a8-870b-4218-be43-c12937aded0bPost:de43f176-346a-4f22-97bb-66ea14fd340e">??? Other than the Venetian....</a>:
    [QUOTE]hi everyone! Can someone suggest maybe 2-3 catering halls in northern/central jersey that have a capacity for 500+ guests other than the venetian or seasons .... Thanks I'd really appreciate it!
    Posted by Smaddie9[/QUOTE]

south gate manor, the imperia, grand marquis
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I think the Rockleigh can hold about 500.
  • edited December 2011
    Also are you talking 500 invited? Because if that's the case you are probably looking at about 400 actually coming with the 80/20 rule.
  • edited December 2011
    I belive the Sheraton in Mahwah can hold that amount. There is another place in Garfield, I think its called the Manor? which states it can hold 1000. And the hotel in Parsippany that looks like a castle, forget if it is a Sheraton or not, can hold that amount as well.
  • maddie7maddie7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Grand Summit Hotel
  • edited December 2011
    Crystal Plaza can go up to 450 I believe.
    Best of luck!!!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • jesmall127jesmall127 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Westmount Country Club?
  • edited December 2011
    The Westmount for sure- they do proms and dinners there all the time for huge groups.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Smaddie9Smaddie9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for the suggestions. I will look into all of them. 600 invites are going out so I am thinking 500, but I am thinking of at least having room for 550 just in case. Im just worried about hotel ball rooms being plain. I have so much budgeted for food, drink and hall that not much is left for decor so I need a room that can carry itself without having to put a lot into it :/ I hate the fact that the guest list is so big. My dream was always a small intimate gathering. Oh well ....
    Old people have a tendency at weddings to come up to you and say "ohhh when is your turn??" at funerals I find that same old person and ask them that very question .....
  • edited December 2011

When I went to visit the grove in cedar grove they said there big ballroom can hold up to 700.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lisab711lisab711 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    South Gate Manor requires very little decor...the rooms are lovely..try there
  • sherylg85sherylg85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try the Royal Manor, I believe it holds 550 and the decor is pretty nice + they already have uplighting installed so you don't need to pay extra for it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards