Favors

Wine glass favors?

We are thinking of having an engraved wine glass (our names and date, plus two hearts) at each place setting, one for each guest--we are shutting the bar down during dinner but having wine service at tables.  Then, the guests can use that as their wine glass and take it home as their favor.  Is that enough?  Any creative things I could do with this?  I like the idea, my fiance thinks it is a little boring :)

Re: Wine glass favors?

• gymbugmj2kgymbugmj2k member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know you said you'd like guests to use them for wine -- but that can be messy, taking home wine stained glasses.  perhaps fill them with candy or something?

i'm making each guest a set of wine charms using wire and beads. that's another option. =)
  • kristinanddankristinanddan member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I don't mean this to be mean, but a) I wouldn't want two random wine glasses (or one random glass for your single guests), and b) no matter the favor, I wouldn't want something with other people's names and wedding date on them.

Also, pp raises an excellent point about taking home dirty wine glasses - anyone who had red wine could definitely spill and ruin something
    imageimageimage
  • shanfrancshanfranc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thx for the feedback, I've gotten mixed reviews about it.  Any suggestions on cute favor ideas?  I'm really strugging with this---my wedding brain is all mush at this point!
  • shanfrancshanfranc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, now my thoughts are turning to bottles of olive oil, with ribbons around them and a tag with our names/date, for guests to take--my fiance is 100% Italian and we are going to Italy for our honeymoon......
    Or, our theme is hearts, and doing a heart frame with the place card in it, and they take that....????
  • edited December 2011
    Can your caterer wash the glasses before the guests go home?
    NeedWeddingFavors.com - A blog of wedding favors
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_wine-glass-favors-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:dd9bc6bb-b7ec-4466-906e-f57f744072c7Post:3416f1d4-fafd-4bb1-9158-695a3818154c">Re: Wine glass favors?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't mean this to be mean, but a) I wouldn't want two random wine glasses (or one random glass for your single guests), and b) no matter the favor, I wouldn't want something with other people's names and wedding date on them.
    Posted by kristinanddan[/QUOTE]

<div>This.</div>
    imageDaisypath Wedding tickers
  • kristinanddankristinanddan member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_wine-glass-favors-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:dd9bc6bb-b7ec-4466-906e-f57f744072c7Post:0faed361-a940-4c17-88c2-891cd84ec7a1">Re: Wine glass favors?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well, now my thoughts are turning to bottles of olive oil, with ribbons around them and a tag with our names/date, for guests to take--my fiance is 100% Italian and we are going to Italy for our honeymoon...... Or, our theme is hearts, and doing a heart frame with the place card in it, and they take that....????
    Posted by shanfranc[/QUOTE]

A girl on my local board did bottles of olive oil - I thought it was an awesome idea.
    imageimageimage
  • edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding where they had champagne glasses filled with those Lindor chocolates.  The candy wrappers were the wedding colors so it looked really nice.  The glasses were not engraved and FI and I use them for special occasions.  We already have wine glasses but we didn't have any champagne glasses so it was really nice.  Oh, and at the wedding the champagne was served in different glasses so the glasses we took home were clean.
  • mcskatcatmcskatcat member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the olive oil would be an awesome idea.  And I'm also of the train of thought that I wouldn't want a random wine glass or two with someone else's name/date engraved on them. 
  • edited December 2011
    I think olive oil sounds great! And I think if you look below or maybe a page or 2 back someone posted where they bought some for a reasonable price.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
  • MsHenburg0911MsHenburg0911 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    While looking at some favors I came across this and it should work as a diy project as well.
  • MsHenburg0911MsHenburg0911 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    imagewww.unique-wedding-favor-idea.com%2fimages%2fheartglass-photocoaster.jpg" alt="" />
    and these too
  • edited December 2011
  • Avion22Avion22 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

I guess it really depends on your budget and how much you want to spend on favors per guest.  Honestly, I think favors a big waste of money.  Having been to many weddings (as most of us have), I think any favor that I can't EAT (or possibly DRINK in the case of a tea bag) is going to end up in the trash within a week.  

DSC_9275
  • MissKate2011MissKate2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't recommend having a favor like a coaster that isn't a full set.  I would just throw them out if I ended up with only 2 coasters (actually I have never used a coaster at my house so I would probably throw them out regardless).
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    The olive oil suggestion is a great one. You could still have your names + wedding date on a tag, which is removable. I have to agree with everyone else here that I would not want something with someone else's name on it.  The olive oil is a great suggestion that everyone can take home and use!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards