Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Appetizers from Bulk Foods Store?

My fiance and I have a pretty tight budget and we are planning on just having BBQ for our reception probably pulled pork or something similar to that. But, we were also wanting to have some appetizers as well. Does anyone have any experience getting appetizers or other finger foods from a bulk store such as Sams Club? They have a lot of little appetizers that would be extremely easy to prepare (it would be family friends preparing it) and it is relatively cheap. For example they have 60 count deli spirals, like the little sandwhiches wrap thingys for $10. We are expecting to have less than 100 people for the reception. They also have others like meatballs and mushrooms etc. Does that sound like a good idea? It sounds like a lot less work than having BBQ with all the fixins. It would be a lot easier just to sit stuff out or throw something into the oven and then it will be done as the reception site has an available stove top and oven.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Appetizers from Bulk Foods Store?

• Options
    PhoneCardLadyPhoneCardLady member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    I would go either with Sam's Club, Costco or GFR is one is in your area.
  • Options
    futurepivkofuturepivko member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yep, they taste pretty good, and it is easy to get :)

for fruit and veggie trays, cut them up and arrange them on trays yourself. its usually cheaper
  • Options
    ShakeUpTampaShakeUpTampa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Sam's Club. A few things I am doing to save costs (We are having a f ull bbq catered by Fi's older brother) but we are in charge of the salad bar and apps.

Salad bar: Organic lettuce 1lb is about $4 and serves probably 10-12 salads, mushrooms, tomatoes, bacon bits, shredded cheeses. For dressing I have 2oz solo cups I use for my business demo so I am using those to portion out salad dressings BUT salad dressings are cheaper at Publix for me on BOGO with coupons (Around $1 a bottle or less)

Apps: Cheese cut up, summer sausage cut up, some fruits and veggies, and a few cream spreads and lots and lots of flavored crackers so they can make a variety of tastes from sausage and cheeses.

Just price it all out ahead of time. We are doing that this Summer so we know what the cost is per item and once the RSVP's come in we know quantity.
    Nichole Tampa, FL BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    iloveu4everiloveu4ever member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nothin wrong with that

• Options
    edited December 2011
    When we used to throw sorority parties, like rush, and had to feed lots of girls cheap, we used Sam's Club. Everything was always really yummy. You might want to see if you have a GFS in your area too. They have delicious frozen foods and sometimes the cost is a little better.
    Last Post 7/8 Leave for Paradise 7/9 Our Beach Wedding 7/13

Planning Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards