Ohio-Cleveland
Options

Delucas Place in the Park

Just curious if anyone has attended a wedding here?  I'm going to visit on saturday and am hoping it's as nice as it looks and sounds... plus their catering price seems reasonable.  

Re: Delucas Place in the Park

• Options
    edited December 2011
    FYI... this is our #1 choice so far... LOVED the facility and they were super helpful and easy to deal with.  We are planning a sunday wedding and they offer not only a 10% discount off the top on sundays, but they also let you bring in your own alcohol.  The only down side is they don't have a ceremony spot on location... they do them right in the middle of hte reception space, which I don't want.  So now we are looking for a wooded, outdoor location for the ceremony nearby.  So if anyone knows Lorain well please let me know if you have any in mind!  We'll have to drive out there again to look around one day... it's about 35 minutes away from us, so not too terrible. 
  • Options
    July2012brideJuly2012bride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Glad to hear.  I looked at them online when I was looking for a venue, but didn't want to have to go out to the west-side. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    kcartellonekcartellone member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having my reception at the outdoor pavilion there in September - I can't wait! They have been very helpful and reasonable throughout the process. I've heard from others that the food is great. We did a tasting and had no complaints but weren't blown away either. We just really wanted the outdoor space. 

Good luck!
  • Options
    yumyum2435yumyum2435 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is the little fountain/garden area that you could use for the wedding.Also Lakeview Park's Rose Garden. It is kept up by the Metroparks now so it doesn't look as bad as it used to.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding here this past year.  They used the inside space and it was nice.  There was an outdoor wedding going on at the same time that we ventured over to just to check it out.  The outdoor space was AMAZING. Food was okay.  I have been to 8 weddings this year and 9 last year and this was towards the top of my list.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh and BTW - I have fond memories because I caught the bouquet and was engaged a month later!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards