Kentucky

Lexington Rehearsal Dinner?

Any ideas for a fun location for a rehearsal dinner in Lexington?  My parents are looking for places for my brother's wedding and asked for suggestions...not too expensive would be good...Thanks!

Re: Lexington Rehearsal Dinner?

• squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had ours at Bella Notte.  We rented out half of the "porch" and did a limited menu, and everybody loved it.  My H's family is Italian from Boston, and they were amazed with how great the food was. 

If that's not quite what you're looking for, can you define "fun" for me?
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • ldwelchldwelch member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check into DeSha's - they have plenty of private rooms to accomodate different sizes of groups.  We had an afterwork meeting evacuated due to a bomb threat - really - and DeSha's took us all in on short notice very graciously!
  • bride859bride859 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the ideas.  I'm going to pass them on.  I don't know what my parents' budget is - I'm just giving ideas and they can decide.  Belle Notte seems kind of expensive to me though, but I'm sure it would be great.  In regards to the fun part - I think that would be fun...my mom really likes unique/local places, so that's why I specified fun:)
  • squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It was really manageable, actually.  Here's their contract/price list for groups:  http://www.bellalexington.com/images/meeting_spaces_contract.pdf

We had just about 20 people there.  We did a few of the family style apps, everybody had an individually ordered dinner (we did the Tier 2 list), and about half had dessert.  Most had a drink or three.  I don't remember the total bill, though.  Just that it was within the budget. 

It wasn't the priciest place, but not the cheapest either.  It did work out really nicely, though. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards