Snarky Brides

Prelude, Processional, Recessional Music Suggestions Please. :)

Hi! I'm trying to think of some songs to play for the prelude, processional (WP, not mine) and recessional music. The only suggestions I couldfind at least for the prelude and processional have been mostly classical and stuffy music which doesn't work for our personalities or wedding style at all. We listen to nearly every musical genre except country. We're having our ceremony in a rose garden and the reception in an old-school auditorium (wooden floors, wooden beams kind of thing, no bleachers. ;-))

Songs for sure: my processional is Everlong (Acoustic) by Foo Fighters, edited down (there's no way I'm taking 4 minutes to walk down an aisle.) And our first dance is Make It Wit Chu by Queens of the Stone Age.

I've got a list of songs that I like and am trying to put in places, but can't really decide what's good or not good. For the cake I'm looking at My Love by Justin Timberlake/TI, Such Great Heights by Iron and Wine (from the Garden State Soundtrack), Candy Man Chirstina Aguilera, Beautiful Day by U2. And for entrance songs and/or WP dance songs I'm looking at Bring Em Out (TI), Say Hey (I Love you) Michael Franti/Spearhead, I Got a Feeling (BEP), Let's Get it Started (BEP).

Do you gals have any suggestions for prelude, WP processional, recessional or any other kind of songs to incorporate?

Thanks! :)

Re: Prelude, Processional, Recessional Music Suggestions Please. :)

• There is a music board.  I would try there.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • HaylaCHaylaC member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_prelude-processional-recessional-music-suggestions-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e53909ef-7000-4f69-bb38-c458c72dd4f6Post:74f07fb7-8224-491e-b7ad-605ee55ea206">Prelude, Processional, Recessional Music Suggestions Please. :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do you gals have any suggestions for prelude, WP processional, recessional or any other kind of songs to incorporate? Thanks! :)
    Posted by vparmley[/QUOTE]

nope. sorry.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Honeymoon Sunset

Anniversary

• I can tell you what we did, but from reading your song choices I have a feeling they wouldn't be your style.

WP - What a wonderful world
    Me - Calico Skies (Paul McCartney)
    Recessional - Sign, Sealed, Delivered

We didn't do first dace, cake cutting, bouquet toss, etc.
  • Processional: Air on a G String
    Bridal: Canon in D
    Recessional: Trumpet Voluntary

We were really traditional. 
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • Thanks, girls! I'll try posting this over to the Music boards as well. :)
  • Processional : Instrumental of Somebody to Love- Queen (by Vitamin String Quartet). Its long enough to seat the parents and have the BP process before I come down the aisle during the last buildup.

Recessional: Not sure yet, Bright side of the Road by Van Morrison is in the running, though.

First Dance: Do You Realize - Flaming Lips
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Should I Stay or Should I Go - The Clash

Its great for every occassion.
    Photobucket
  • I don't know how helpful this is, but here are ours:

Prelude:  a friend who is an amazing violinist is just going to choose some things for us, so I don't know..

Processional:  Somewhere Over the Rainbow

Recessional:  I don't know yet

First song:  Darling, Be Home Soon by John Sebastian

• Isn't the prelude the same as the WP processional?  From your other music choices, I assume that your church (?) doesn't have any restrictions on music choice.  We were pretty restricted on what we could have - basically no fun popular radio music.  With that being said, we had

Prelude - Ave Maria by Shubert
    Recessional - Trumpet Voluntary by Clarke

I was at a wedding once where the used "Hard to Concentrate" by Red Hot Chili Peppers as a prelude and it was really nice :)

• edited June 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_prelude-processional-recessional-music-suggestions-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e53909ef-7000-4f69-bb38-c458c72dd4f6Post:3b256221-1c3c-4523-9ee7-e03c76620cb9">Re: Prelude, Processional, Recessional Music Suggestions Please. :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]nope. sorry.
    Posted by HaylaC[/QUOTE]

Well aren't you a peach?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_prelude-processional-recessional-music-suggestions-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e53909ef-7000-4f69-bb38-c458c72dd4f6Post:fb081a78-d608-4f35-98f4-e86f565d8b8c">Re: Prelude, Processional, Recessional Music Suggestions Please. :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Isn't the prelude the same as the WP processional?  From your other music choices, I assume that your church (?) doesn't have any restrictions on music choice.  We were pretty restricted on what we could have - basically no fun popular radio music.  Posted by TheSaltyPeanut[/QUOTE]

Ditto.  Only church music is allowed.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • We used a string quartet and they played

"Canon in D" for prelude

"Bittersweet Symphony" by the Verve for Processional

"Viva la Vida" by Coldplay for Recessional
  • I'm the last person to ask for or give music advice (I am completely music stupid), so I'll just say what I did:

Prelude (while guets were arriving and sitting): a CD of misc. wedding songs
    Aisle: Honor Thy Mother Earth by Wayra
    Recessional: none (they may have played the end of the aisle song, but I honestly don't remember)
    first dance: Unforgettable by Nat King Cole & Natalie Cole
    Cake Cutting: None

Honestly, I don't think anyone can pick out your music for you. It's a personal decision based on you and your FI, what best suits your personalities and relationship. Pick what means most to you and don't worry about being traditional, unconventional, unique, whatever.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_prelude-processional-recessional-music-suggestions-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e53909ef-7000-4f69-bb38-c458c72dd4f6Post:74f07fb7-8224-491e-b7ad-605ee55ea206">Prelude, Processional, Recessional Music Suggestions Please. :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Songs for sure: my processional is Everlong (Acoustic) by Foo Fighters, edited down (there's no way I'm taking 4 minutes to walk down an aisle.)
    Posted by vparmley[/QUOTE]

I have nothing to add. I just wanted to say that this is my favorite song, ever.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • K ByteK Byte member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    We're using church/classical music for our ceremony because, well, it's a church.

For our entrance into the reception we're using Knights of Cydonia by Muse -- this part: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mkIrvuU_zE#t=04m40s
  • I used Love Walks In by Van Halen as our recessional. It was awesome.

Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • raynesraynes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    We also got married in a rose garden.

We used VSQ's cover of Eric Clapton's "Wonderful Tonight" as the processional, and for the recessional we used Weezer's "My Best Friend".

No prelude.

I would definitely suggest checking out VSQ (Vitamin String Quartet) if you want a neat blend of modern/traditional.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm using classical stuffy music.
    imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • vsgalvsgal member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    We used Vitamin String Quartet for the prelude and procession music.  They do renditions of all kinds of songs on strings. We did songs from Nirvana, AC/DC,Queen, Led Zepplin,  and other classic rock bands.

My song down the aisle:  Chasing Cars-Snow Patrol done by VSQ

Recessional Song-did not do one.  Our aisle was very short,so we had people clap.

Reception Entrance-Karn Evil 9 by ELP(First line is Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends. We're so glad you could attend, come inside, come inside.

Cake-Savoy Truffle-the Beatles

Our first dance-Thank you by Zepplin
    Dad/daughter-Imagine

You can see our theme.
    ROCK IS KING!!
  • one of my friends had a little quirky music that turned out surprisingly awesome...
    she walked down to Cat Power's -Sea of Love  and then when they were lighting candles they played Adam Sandlers- I wanna Grow Old with You (from the Wedding Singer)

I think they walked out to Beatles, but I can't remember which one... probably Love is All you need or something. Their first dance was Ben Folds- Luckiest. But I think that choice is a little played out. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • K ByteK Byte member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_prelude-processional-recessional-music-suggestions-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e53909ef-7000-4f69-bb38-c458c72dd4f6Post:e4ab7847-bd61-4052-a6ba-2c59a2a2a8eb">Re: Prelude, Processional, Recessional Music Suggestions Please. :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]one of my friends had a little quirky music that turned out surprisingly awesome... she walked down to Cat Power's -Sea of Love  and then when they were lighting candles they played Adam Sandlers- I wanna Grow Old with You (from the Wedding Singer) I think they walked out to Beatles, but I can't remember which one... probably Love is All you need or something. Their first dance was Ben Folds- Luckiest. But I think that choice is a little played out. 
    Posted by grrrace[/QUOTE]
    Her version of Sea of Love is our first dance song actually :D We wanted something slow because I didn't want to learn a dance other than the ol' middle school hold and sway, and something short because no one wants to watch you hold and sway for 5 minutes. ;)
  • I knew you girls would come through with some off the beaten path songs and helpful suggestions. Thanks! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards