Gothic Weddings

Topic of the Day: One Wedding Wish

What's the one thing you wish you could have done or wish you can do for your wedding? And why?

Re: Topic of the Day: One Wedding Wish

• I wish I had someone to worry about the decorations for me. I want to point out what I like, but have someone else do it for me. I actually love decorating, but it's starting to get overwhelming buying things and putting together centerpieces and decor. As of right now I have no idea what I want for centerpieces for the dining tables. Our wedding theme is definitely gothic, but I want it to be very natural like an outdoors magical altar. Now when I picture it I see it as being very "Martha Stewart Gothic". I'm actually a huge fan of Martha!!! Also, my favorite magazines growing up were Victoria (have you seen these? They are gorgeous!!!), Country Living, and Better Homes and Gardens. I don't know how I could forget to put Gothic Beauty in there, too! So basically I want to combine ALL of these things.

I feel so desperate at times trying to make everything perfect and put on this huge, perfect display! I know that it will be beautiful, but growing up with this vision in my mind and trying to actually make it come true is pretty difficult. Our planning bio has a lot of wonderful ideas in it, but making them real takes money, space, and time. I don't have much space of my own since I live with the future-in-laws. PLUS, I have a baby that  I take care of full time. Trying to set up displays is hard!!!

Visit Gothic.weddings.com
  • I wish we would have saved MORE than we did so we could have our wedding at a little bit of a nicer place.  We liked our venue, but it wasn't our dream venue.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I wish it was done already!

No seriously, I really feel like we are doing everything that is so typical of "us".  We've always said that for us thing have "just worked out" and with the wedidng it seems the same.  I wish that the day will go just as we have planned and want it to without any extraneous BS. 

I think I'm enjoying the anticipation just as much as I will enjoy the day!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_gothic-weddings_topic-of-day-one-wedding-wish?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:673Discussion:fe449970-b2cd-44e8-b8ac-55d0136bd315Post:8a006be5-3c3d-44ad-b80e-0034b3bb4b56">Re: Topic of the Day: One Wedding Wish</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I wish it was done already!</strong> No seriously, I really feel like we are doing everything that is so typical of "us".  We've always said that for us thing have "just worked out" and with the wedidng it seems the same.  I wish that the day will go just as we have planned and want it to without any extraneous BS.  I think I'm enjoying the anticipation just as much as I will enjoy the day!
    Posted by hollieheidi[/QUOTE]

Wait until like 2 weeks before!! You will be feeling like this 100%.  I was so ready for it to be over it.  I couldn't even stand it.  I had gotten so excited up until and then once it was getting ready to happen I was over it.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My wedding wish would be that we could have just a few more guests. 50 is turning out to be a very small number...

*DWM - have you been to the Gothic Martha Stewart website? I love it! :)
  • Divine, you'll be fine! The only one stressing over the details and making everything perfect is YOU. No one else will notice :) So don't go hurting yourself to make it perfect because something WILL go wrong. It's just the way of the universe on these things!

I'm not exactly sure what I would wish. There were little problems here and there but it was casual and relaxed, just the way we wanted. Even though there were a few snafus, we had a great time. :)
  • *nycegrrl99 - I did check out a "gothic martha stewart" website, but I was dissaponited that there were no pictures! I'm a very visual person so I was expecting pictures of decor, or gowns, or something. It seriously made me think about making my own website (other than my planning website). Although, the ideas were good, I was hoping for more of a "offbeatbride/martha stewart" experience. Kinda off topic, but there is one bride from the offbeatbride website that I can't get out of my head! She's the one with the colorful gown made up of gazillions of tulle flowers that cover the entire gown. That was awesome!

*scoetto - I know it will be beautiful, and that things will definitely go wrong. It's more the visual elements that I want to be as perfect as they can be. Chris is currently the only one making money, but I do the budgeting and bug him to pay off the bills so I can check them off my list. Once they are taken care of I get to go back and pick up the things for the wedding. I'm just trying to get the displays out of the way. It will happen! :) The good news is he is getting a $300-$350 bonus this week and we're making a big payment on the gown!!!
    Visit Gothic.weddings.com
  • Vorsaga2Vorsaga2 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2010
    I wish we could have everyone at our ceremony. Thankfully, after talking with a huge number of married friends in our circle, they're all giving us the thumbs up to do the huge ceremony (everyone's invited) - traditional family reception (40 family members / wedding party) - and then a "friends reception" (200+ informal party) later that night.

*crosses fingers* So our wish just might come true.
  • I wish we could afford more, I really don't even think we can have a photographer at this point. Oh well, we'll live. I'm being insanely creative (and cheap) with everything so hopefully it'll turn out ok!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards