Louisiana-Baton Rouge

Make Up Application!

Can anyone recommend someone or somewhere to get make up application done for my wedding?  Ideally someone who will come to me...my fiance is from Baton Rouge Area but I need to line up all these ducks for myself. 

Also I am getting my hair done by his sister who is a hair dresser.  Does anyone have any recommendations on that?  A family member of mine makes me feel inferior cause we are having a small wedding and I am sticking to a budget so saving where we can.  She basically told me that to get my hair done it should cost upwards of 100$???  Like really???  Should it or am I being naive? I mean I want to wear my dress and look gorgeous, but I want to look like myself too.  Can someone give me some input...i'm feeling pretty stressed out....and like I am not doing it right?  

Also, has anyone ever gone to the Aveda school to use any of their services?  I was thinking of giving it a go for some facials and stuff....?  If not can someone recommend a good place to go for mani and pedi in West Baton Rouge?  

Re: Make Up Application!

• kellyodonnellkellyodonnell member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have used Aveda Institute in Covington, Lafayette, and Baton Rouge, and have been pleased with all of their various services.  I went to the Baton Rouge location for a pedicure, it was $13!!  Also, I got my eyebrows waxed for $6.00!  They did a great job!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I had my hair and makeup done at Verde Beauty Studio. I am not sure if they are in your budget but you could certainly check it out. I thought it was very much worth the money to have everything done for me and not have to stress out on my wedding day. I believe they will come to you- I chose to go to the studio because there was more space for everyone to get ready and they had a veggie tray and champagne for us (me and my bridesmaids). I liked the pre-wedding pampering.

You can do both hair and makeup, or just makeup if you want. Tina did a wonderful job on my airbrush makeup- it stayed put all evening, even though the weather was very warm and humid. She did my hair and makeup in the photo below, too. I certainly felt like "myself," just a bit more dressed up than usual. I loved it. There are tons of pictures in my bio- click the link in my signature.

I also got a nice mani/pedi at Nail Boulevard in the Mall of Louisiana. The price was reasonable and they did a great job. My mom, sister, and I all went together and got spa pedicures. It was nice to sit back in the massaging chair and relax!

I don't think you're doing anything wrong by saving money where you can. Just remember that long after the flowers wilt and the cake is eaten, you will have photographs. Don't skimp on photographer, and I would suggest seriously considering splurging a little on hair and makeup. It makes a huge difference in your photos, and you'll be looking at those photos for years to come. If your FI's sister does a great job on hair, then go for it! But if you think maybe you'd be better off with someone else, then don't be afraid to look around.
    Anniversary
  • SE+MBSE+MB member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-baton-rouge_up-application?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:83Discussion:bfd34178-c1e3-4fdf-b44b-9868e2d54100Post:8c464fab-9aa7-473a-bf98-e4c7cc3b0db7">Re: Make Up Application!</a>:
    [QUOTE] I don't think you're doing anything wrong by saving money where you can. Just remember that long after the flowers wilt and the cake is eaten, you will have photographs. Don't skimp on photographer, and I would suggest seriously considering splurging a little on hair and makeup. It makes a huge difference in your photos, and you'll be looking at those photos for years to come. If your FI's sister does a great job on hair, then go for it! But if you think maybe you'd be better off with someone else, then don't be afraid to look around.
    Posted by jeanacorina[/QUOTE]

I agree with this 100%
  • edited December 2011

I would suggest maybe doing a hair trial with FSIL just to make sure you like how she does your hair. If you do, then go for it, just be sure to tip her. I'm having my hair done but doing my own makeup. I went for a makeup trial at Clinique (which is free) and just took tips and slowly buying all the things I need for it and practicing every day when I get ready. Don't let somebody tell you you are doing something wrong just because you want to save money. The goal of the day is to be married to your FH, not be in debt. Do what you feel comfortable doing and forget everyones comments, and trust me you'll get plenty of unsolicited "advice".

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • KtinagrlKtinagrl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to La Rouge Nails on Perkins recently.  Spa pedicure is $30, regular is $25. That seems pretty standard for Baton Rouge pedis.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards