Wedding Woes
Options

GBCK

How is Buffy's halloween costume going?   I ran into some issues on DD's rapunzel costume and ran out of material.   I was trying to do it without buying any material - just using stuff I already had on hand, but oh well.   I'll be making a run to the fabric store tomorrow, along with a million other moms making halloween costumes.   Blech.

Also, did you order those pirate costumes from Little Tykes that you posted about a few weeks ago (I think that was you.)    What were they like?

Re: GBCK

• Options
    GBCKGBCK member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    poorly.

VERY poorly.
    The minky material is hard to use, I screwed up cutting part of it out...ugh.  Just a whole comedy of errors.  What really sucks is, if I had the $ and time to start it all over again, it would be GREAT--it's kinda like I should have done a muslin mockup :P

But it'll turn out.  Mom and I worked on it last weekend a lot but I haven't had a chance to do anything since--I hope to sew some more tonight.

If all fails though, the tail looks awesome and she'll have a tail and a head and it'l; work

I did get the little Tykes costumes, and they turned out super cute--to big for her still, but cute.  A wee bit chintzy but good enough for some use.  I have 2 extras that I'm trying to find someone who needs--I may give them to the church ladies to find someone who needs 'em :)
  • Options
    GBCKGBCK member
    edited December 2011
    Oh, and I bought the pattern in the wrong size--which was the root of the issue.  whoops.
  • Options
    GBCKGBCK member
    edited December 2011
    I think there need to be 'fabric swaps' for people...so we dont have to buy fabric and I could find someone who would use the $$$ fabric I have in my basement.  Because JoAnns will be a NIGHTMARE tomorrow
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad this was a page.
  • Options
    AuntFloAuntFlo member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011

Yes, fabric swaps and scrap book paper swaps and jewelry making supplies/beads swaps...

I've made a few minky blankets and yes, it is hard to work with.   It's hard to cut and it slides all over.   I should've warned you!   Sorry!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards