October 2012 Weddings

rehearsal dinner

What is everybody doing about this? Are you going casual or fancy? How many people are coming? I think we will wind up with 25-30 because of all of the out of town guests so I don't want to pay a lot of money so I'm thinking something casual.

Re: rehearsal dinner

• Ours is going to be a Buca di Beppo a casual Italian restaurant. They serve family style and have crazy things all over the walls. We wanted everyone to be able to relax and have fun. We will prob have about 25-30 people as well. 
    for siggy
  • This is something I am stressing over big time.   I think we are going to have between 40 and 50 people and we are paying for it ourselves.  I have no idea what we are going to do.  At first, I wanted a nice and elegant dinner at the restaurant we had our first date and got engaged at, but it's so pricey and I don't think we can afford it.  At this point, I would almost be ok with having pizza and chinese at our house!
    dscf4745-2
    Anniversary
  • I have just been thinking about the rehearsal dinner too!  I went yesterday to Lancaster to get some planning done and we decided to stop into a few places we were considering (since FMIL was with us and they are probably paying for it...) so we could get some prices.  I think we'll have about 25-30 people because of some out of town guests coming in early.  I've been busy all morning researching places we could have it.  We really want something more laid back and casual for the rehearsal dinner!
  • I think that we are going to do hot dogs and hamburgers for the "rehersal" dinner.  It will be more like a welcome dinner though.  Since the wedding is so small and everyone is from OOT, everyone will be invited over.

Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I think we're going to do something more casual, not sure where though.  We'll probably have around 25-30 people.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We will have 30 - 35 people.  We are not invitine all out of towners because that would essentiallly be the entire wedding invite list.  We'll have a relatively casual dinner somewhere in our downtown area.  We are narrowing the choices down now.
    Rachel Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're doing it at a casual German restaurant.  I wanted only family but fiance's parents think we should invite anyone from out of town who will be in the area that night.  It could get big.  They are paying for it though so it that's what they want!
  • edited December 2011
    We will be doing our rehearsal dinner at our venue.  We will be there already rehearsing and they have a smaller room with a nice view.  We will have between 20-25 depending on if a couple of our bridal party members bring dates or not. 

How many of you are inviting your officiant.  FI just asked if we were and I am wondering if it is just someone that we hire for the ceremony but do not know before hiring them do we invite them?

ETA: our venue has a no jeans policy so it will be at least dress casual.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Probably somewhat casual.  It's probably going to be on us and I want to be as laid back as I can be the day before. 

I wish there was a Buca de Bepo near enough to warrant doing that.  I love that idea Brinson.  In fact I started looking for the "Like" button, then remembered I'd clicked off my FB tab.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    I think we are going to have it at Maggianos. I would say it is in between fancy and casual. It is directly across the street from the venue and it would be family style Italian food which is our favorite. 

My FILs have offered to host it which is great. If something happens to where we would be hosting, we will still probably have it there.

ETA: I think it will be about 25-30 people.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • PattySmith101PattySmith101 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    the In-laws are paying and FMIL is estimating about 50 people... not sure where that # came from but i do have a big Family... as of right now she is thinking Carrabas i want somewhere casual and relaxing not a big to-do since it is the day before the wedding... she knows someone there and said they said we can have the whole bar area they will reserve it , 10 booths and the bar < i have never heard of a restaurant closing off their bar area for a private party but whatever.... who knows where we will have it she has changed her mind like 10 times already!
  • I'm not sure which route we're going...probabaly somewhere in between fancy and casual.  We're probably going to do a rehearsal lunch because the timing of the rehearsal at the venue will likely be in the morning.  (The venue will likely have an even booked at night since it's a Saturday).  I want to have it at a restaurant with a nice view but it doesn't need to be uber expensive.  The IL's have offered to pay for it but I don't want to go crazy and pick the most expensive thing.  They want to come down sometime in march to look at places to have the rehearsal lunch/dinner so we'll decide then.
    Married since October 14, 2012 - Best Day Ever! Wedding-2
  • Not sure yet, and definitely stressing about it. We're looking at something in the vicinity of 30 people (there's 12 in the wedding party alone!) and will likely end up paying for it ourselves. Although my godmother wanted to pay for an after-party following the reception before we decided that an after-party after a 6 hour(!) reception sounded like too much of a good thing, so there's a possibility that she might decide to help out with the rehearsal dinner instead. Our venue does have a restaurant and offers a package for rehearsal dinners, but I'd kind of like to find something cheaper, especially if FI and I are footing the bill. FI had the idea of doing it at this awesome casual restaurant/pub/arcade that we love. The food there is great. Plus it would be fitting because it has significance to our relationship - we went there on our second date, met my mom and godmother there to celebrate right after we got engaged, and it's also where our families met each other for the first time!
    October 2012 December Siggy - A Favorite Wedding Photo image
  • We're footing the bill for ours and thinking of just having it at our house and having it catered but I'm starting to rethink that since I'm not sure I want to deal with cleaning up at night.  also not sure if I want to deal with renting tables and such and I have no idea how many/who to invite and who not to.  My parents own a timeshare in town that has a nice roof top deck that we could use but we'd have to use their food vendor and I'm not sure how good the food would be and then we'd have to get music or something like that, so needless to say I'm still trying to figure that out.
  • We are doing Chinese buffet and everyone has said its awesome lol. We all love the place the guests can eat as much as they want and I know ahead of time what my exact cost will be and its byob :o)
  • A good friend did theirs at their house and ordered fun pizza delivery. If we were near my folks I would sooooooo do a backyard BBQ. But, we are on a different coast than them. So, we are going to do Clydes which is a nice local chain. Maggianos is SO delish! Please order the butternutsquah ravioli! It is SO good!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • mmm butternutsquash ravioli.. soo good!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards