Wisconsin

Church In Milwaukee / Southeastern WI Area

I'm looking for a traditional looking church that you dont need to become a member of, has a long isle, and preferrably steps.  Any suggestions appreciated :) P.S. We are not Catholic

Re: Church In Milwaukee / Southeastern WI Area

• gundy21gundy21 member
    First Anniversary First Comment

Have you checked out the chapel at St. John's Military Academy in Delafield?  (clicky)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • MelissaSavinMelissaSavin member
    First Comment
    edited May 2012
    If you are not a member of a church you are likely to pay a TON more.   I don't know if you live with your future hubby or not, but if you do...you will have a heck of a time finding a church that will marry you.  We spent the first few months of our engagement trying to find a church since our non-demoninational church told us they wouldn't marry us because we lived together.

If you are looking for a good location with a church like feel but without the stress of fitting into their ideals...try the Polish Center of Wisconsin. Their Great Hall has these two story windows that give the grand church feel (see below).  Plus they have a space to get ready in that is large enough for any wedding party.  It was about $250 for a couple hours. We got our own officiant that we interviewed.  You can get any kind of officiant that you want to fit your spiritual needs.  

The Polish Center can also hold your reception but we didn't choose that option.  They are easy to find and have plenty of parking.  We had our receiving line just outside the large windows in thier beautiful garden.

The chair covers are extra or you can contract your own company for that.  We went without it...but the place is so elegant, we didn't do anything but decorate the table at the front with our unity candle so the focus would be on us and our beautiful wedding party.  But it's a blank slate you could really do what you want with it.  

I think it seats up to 150-200 people, if that is a consideration.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks For Your Suggestions!! :) 

I did check into St. Johns but it is more expensive than we want to spend.

The Polish Center is beautiful, however, we wan't more of a traditional feel.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards