Ohio-Toledo

QOTD 7/22

Will/Did you do anything at your wedding in honor of loved ones that have passed away?

imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: QOTD 7/22

• cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had a small message in our wedding programs.  It was short and sweet.  I really wanted the focus to be on the happy parts of the day and not really shine light on anything sad.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    My FI's father passed away and my faveorite aunt (my mom's sister). At the end of our slideshow there will be a pic of each and then the words -- In loving memory. <3 I know the my FI and my Mom will be pleased with the little sweet surprise at the end. <3
    Love knows no limit to its endurance, no end to its trust. Love still stands when all else has fallen. Corinthians 13:7-8 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • rak123rak123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    The only thing I am doing for sure is putting a few gardenias in mine and my sister's bouquets.  Gardenias were my grandma's favorite flower, and whenever I see or smell them, I think of her :)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I want to do something in memory of my dad, I'm just not sure what.  I'm thinking a candle with a bouqet and maybe a poem read - but still researching.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that. --Michael Leunig-- Planning Bio
  • MerinMerin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_qotd-722?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:237Discussion:98685ef8-10b5-424a-945e-84ade186cbf0Post:4a246367-0cf9-464f-9d48-358ab617987e">Re: QOTD 7/22</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>We had a small message in our wedding programs.</strong>  It was short and sweet.  I really wanted the focus to be on the happy parts of the day and not really shine light on anything sad.
    Posted by cschuma2[/QUOTE]

We did this as well.  We used a quote from a song we both love, and then the names of our loved ones that had passed.
    Causes that are important to me: Planned Pethood Graham's Foundation NOCC
  • edited December 2011
    I'm putting a charm in my bouquet for FI's son who passed away and a charm for my cousin.

<--- For FI's son

<--- For my cousin

Planning & Married Bios

Anniversary

PAL/PGAL Welcome

My TTC Chart
    BFP #1 12/13/08 - mc 12/26/08
    BFP #2 12/2/09 - emergency surgery for ectopic 12/5/09

Photobucket Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    We did not.  We have been very fortunate to not have people very close to us pass away.
  • edited December 2011
    Our wedding date is actually going to be the 7th anniversary of my grandmother's death. It was a really hard decision  to commit to that date with my fiance, but I know it will be a very nice day and she will be very happy for us.

My aunt has my grandmother's wedding ring which I will be borrowing (my "something borrowed") and will be incorporating into my wedding bouquet.

We will mention her in our program along with other close friends & relatives who have passed, as well has have flowers in memory of them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • k22tk22t member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we hada note in the program and flowers on the alter in memory of our grandparents
    Kris....I'm finally a Mrs! 10/11/08
  • Sugarsweets04Sugarsweets04 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I will be floating 7 dahlias in one of the waterfalls at the ceremony site in memory of the relatives who have passed. We will also be including a note in the program.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards