Rhode Island

Hair and Make-up for wedding day

Hi Everyone,
I'm getting married on a Sunday. Which means that most hair salons are closed. Does anyone know of a good salon that is open on Sunday, and does make-up?

Re: Hair and Make-up for wedding day

• RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are salons that will open on a Sunday for a private party like New Leaf Hair Studio in Bristol but expect to shell out more moolah. For make up, you can try the beauty counters at Nordstrom or Sephora. You also have The Red Door Spa in Providence at the Biltmore that is open on Sundays. The other option which I highly recommend as a Sunday bride is to have a make up and hair stylist come to you on your big day. It is more convenient and if you book wisely can be reasonably priced. 

Try Sara Faella and her glam sqaud. I also like Jennie Kay of Jennie Kay Beauty.
  • edited December 2011
    I have to say that having someone come to us to do hair and makeup was probably one of the better decisions we made for our wedding. It was so nice to just relax and be pampered without having to worry about traveling to different places. Plus, several hair styles and MUAs (as I recall) offer lower rates for off peak days.

I would highly recommend Sam C for hair and Kristin Greene for makeup. Both are wonderful and affordable.
  • lindquistx33lindquistx33 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    the look does hair and makeup and they come to you at a great price

Christine Hale is the owner 508-243-6564
  • lauren2381lauren2381 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
     Thanks everyone for the advice
  • Laur&Jay2011Laur&Jay2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm also getting married on a Sunday and am using Calma in Cranston.  Hopefully it's good.  I have my hair and makeup trial in 2 weeks so I'll know then!  They have a whole section of their website specifically for brides, so I thought that was a good sign that they do this often.
  • edited December 2011
    I"m having my artist travel to me. She's coming from CT - Erin Infantino, www.simplygorgeousbyerin.com. I usually post on the CT boards but check here often and saw your question so hopefully I'm of help. She's amazing and awesome to work with!
  • vaia814vaia814 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had the same issue, but nearly every place I asked was either willing to open on a Sunday (for a higher price) or had someone that might be willing to come to me. I thought it would be a huge problem, but it really wasn't.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards