Canada

Photographer in Kingston for Engagement Photos Only?

I am getting married in Toronto, but my FI and I go to school in Kingston. We would like to get some engagement photos done in places that are meaningful to us.

We are considering hiring a photographer, or a photography student.  I just want raw digitals, we can do the post-processing ourselves.

1) Does anyone have any recommendations for a photographer in Kingston? 

2) How much can I expect to spend just for engagement photos?

Thanks!

Re: Photographer in Kingston for Engagement Photos Only?

• LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Some photographers throw in an engagement session if you buy an entire package, but alone, I know that my photographer charges $250 for a 1-2 hour session and 50 edited prints.
  • ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friend hired Tim Forbes for her wedding and her photos turned out beautiful. I can't speak to her experience working with him though... but he sat at my table at the reception and seemed like a nice guy.

Not sure if you'll have luck convincing a photographer to sell you the raw unedited images. If I were a photographer, that would be like selling half finished work, and I'm not sure I'd want to put my name to that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • edited December 2011
    Any luck finding a photographer yet?  I was at a wedding in Kingston on the weekend and met Kevin Daly....I'm looking at hiring him to shoot my wedding and engagement photos.  His packages are low compared to others in eastern ontario.  

• My photographer is Memories Photography! Chris is amazing and very reasonably priced! There's also squires photography, we were going to book him for our wedding but he's already been taken! Good luck
    October 2012 December Siggy: Favourite Wedding Picture
    PIC_281copy1 Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards