Illinois

Anyone having a reception at the Stongate??

HI! I am a destination bride, but we want to have a reception here in Aug. 2012, and we are starting to look at venues. It can be in the city or the burbs. We are from Palatine, so either works. We need something reasonably priced (under $100 a head would be great) and most importantly to me MODERN. I would really like to stay away from any thing gaudy and European inspired. I came across the Stonegate and it looks like it might be a good fit. Anyone been to an event there or work with them? Any idea about rates? We sent an email, but I am waiting to hear back. Other suggestions for contemporary places are totally welcome.

Thanks everybody!!

Re: Anyone having a reception at the Stongate??

• lilbitbeakerlilbitbeaker member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I emailed them and found they are about $70-75 a head

they look nice but Ive never been there
  • We've worked a couple events there.  No idea about prices, or food quality, but the "modern" description is accurate.  Some of the walls are very dark wood.  They also have a tent that is about 60 x 100 and can seat about 200 or so.  The staff was very professional in my opinion.  There are several hotels nearby, but it is very far from Woodfield, if that's a concern.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards