Registry and Gift Forum

Groom and Registering

My Fiance has been bugging me to death about registering. So, as a part of a Christmas surprise for him--I'm taking him somewhere and letting him go crazy.

Where were some places that you registered with your fiance that he enjoyed? I don't want to bore him all day.

Re: Groom and Registering

• Forgive me for being rude,
    but how is this a Christmas suprise for HIM?  How is it a surprise at all??

"oh honey, sorry we're NOT registering, just kidding Merry Christmas! Go scan whatever you want and don't worry, because all of our friends will buy it for us!"

that's terrible.
    Bah Humbug.

anyway, when you do register and not as a "christmas surprise" register for things that you need for when you start your life together... don't go to a place just because it won't be boring - that's ridiculous.

BBB works for everything.
    HO HO HO
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yeah, it's pretty much going to be whatever you make of it.  Stores aren't going to role out the red carpet or give you champagne or anything.  I let FI use the gun because he likes that kind of stuff.  That way he had free reign to register for whatever he wanted.  It was honestly just a blah experience.  I don't have the patience to fuss over each item to try to pick the best of everything, so I just made him scan the first item I saw that matched what I was looking for.  Then I went home and tweaked online if I decided I wanted a different brand or something.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Puppy Love
  • noodle_oonoodle_oo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2010
    We registered at Macy's, BBB, and C&B.  We had fun doing it together, but I'm not sure DH "went crazy" anywhere.

We did one of the registry events at C&B as our first time registering and that was really fun.  It was before the store opened and they serve food and stuff and have lots of employees there to help you.  That was a nice way to start.

If he's all excited about registering, why would he be bored? 
  • What does your FI like?  Go somewhere based on that. 

Mine told me that I should just go and register for what ever I wanted he only had a few requests: 1) Cast Iron Skillet  2) Popcorn air-popper  3) Sheets should not be too "girly"

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • DH hounded me until we finally registered and he had more fun than I did - until he had to tell BB&B lady that if she kept trying to get us to register for one more thing than was on our list we were walking out and never coming back.  We went to Macy's and BB&B.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • My FI is also very excited about registering for gifts, but I think we're going to wait until at least February since our wedding isn't until October 2011. Have you done any online "pre-shopping?" Right now we have both been checking out the websites for Macy's, Kohls, Target, etc. in an effort to figure out which stores seem to be the best fit for us.

It's just a suggestion... since we haven't actually registered yet, perhaps take it with a grain of salt Smile

• Macy's runs promotions like "sip and scan" where they have food and beverages -- you'll have to check online to see when your local store is having it.  We are registered at BB&B and Fiancé wanted to register for man stuff, so we also have one at Sears.  The china pattern we picked is new (Lenox Silver Mist) and BB&B didn't have it at first, but we found out last week that they JUST added the inventory numbers to their system so it can be ordered, so I'm letting my Macy's registry go.  (we started one at Macy's with just the china on it since BB&B didn't have it).  That's more info than you probably asked for, but my FI had fun scanning in stores and picking out stuff online.  
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_groom-registering?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:470753b5-047f-4546-9841-b8e3df778b82Post:4d3d4060-08fd-4e0a-aef1-86bed6a819ac">Re: Groom and Registering</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, it's pretty much going to be whatever you make of it.  Stores aren't going to role out the red carpet or give you champagne or anything. <strong> I let FI use the gun because he likes that kind of stuff.  </strong>That way he had free reign to register for whatever he wanted.  It was honestly just a blah experience.  I don't have the patience to fuss over each item to try to pick the best of everything, so I just made him scan the first item I saw that matched what I was looking for.  Then I went home and tweaked online if I decided I wanted a different brand or something.
    Posted by garcias1[/QUOTE]

Ha this. My FI loved the gun too. To be honest, he did enjoy it but he doesn't mind this kind of stuff.
    I'd pick stores based on what you need, not what's fun, b/c in all honesty, it's not fun for most guys, esp. after about an hour. We did BBB and Target. Macy's and Crate and Barrel are also common ones.

Vacation
  • My FI is *so* excited about the scanning. And he loves cooking, so I think our first/biggest registry will be BB&B
  • We registered at BB&B, C&B, and Sears.  He had more fun at Sears picking out tools and stuff. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards