April 2011 Weddings

Wednesday

Wierd week for me.

I was out sick Monday with a migraine (first while pregnant - not fun since I can't take my normal meds that knock them out in a few hours).  Doing much better but still tired.

I am in training nearly all day tomorrow and then I am off on Friday.  It is J's birthday and we are heading to the northern Chicago burbs for lunch at his fav restaurant and then we might hit IKEA and/or the outlet mall on the WI/IL border on the way home.

Hope all you lovelies are doing great today!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary

Re: Wednesday

• Hey K! That sucks about your migraine, glad you are getting better. Sounds like you have a fun day planned for Friday.
    Not a ton going on here, I'm pretty bored with work right now. Gotta try to make that better. Tonight we are going to the ND women's basketball game. It should be a good game. I'm not a huge basketball fan but it's fun to go to sporting events.
    Anniversary image<br
  • edited December 2012
    Happy Hump Day!

I had a funky schedule yesterday since I had to give a presentation at 7pm, glad that's over and done with. I took advantage of my later start time to get some Christmas shopping out of the way yesterday morning. Our department is having a small holiday party tomorrow, so I get to bake something. Since the pumpkin apple streusel muffins were such a success at Thanksgiving, I'm planning on making them again. I have to use up all the pumpkin we have left over.

K- Boo for migraines and day long training sessions! Sounds like you have a fun weekend planned :)
    Lisa- I hear ya on the work front, super boring here too! I'm amazed at how many games you and Liam go to. I would have given up a long time ago (sports are definitely not my thing).
    Anniversary
  • K- happy Birthday to J! Have fun this weekend in Chicago!
    Lisa- you guys love your ND sports! Have fun I always liked going to see college basketball games better than NBA games. A lot more fight and less showmanship
    Chrissy- those muffins sound awesome! Have fun at your party tomorrow!

I don't feel like working today so I'm taking it easy. I just made a quick list for P of Christmas gift ideas for me. We initially said we were not going to get presents for each other but then I got this great deal on something for him. I had to tell him that I got something for him so on Christmas he wouldn't be mad at me for getting him a gift. We now have a $100.00 limit for each other and he wanted ideas on what I wanted. I wish P would just pick out something himself for me but he complains I'm too picky and I don't shop anywhere. I had a really hard time of thinking of things that I wanted, I feel old because I asked for sheets for the bed and a throw blanket. Man I know how to live it up!
    Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • K - happy birthday to J. Have fun in Chicago
    L - have fun at the game
    Chrissy- enjoy the party
    Ash - I'm with you, I'd much rather practical stuff for Christmas. I have to spell it out for A too! After this post and yesterday's I'm more convinced we are the same person! 

Our reno's are almost done! We got our new appliances delivered yesterday and the dishwasher installed! Yeah. It's been really stressful but so worth it. I'll post some pics when we are all done.
    Tonight I'm getting a hair cut (just a trim to a manageable length) and then I have soccer. I should be going to BIL concert but I'll leave that to A.
  • Seriously Andrea! I get so frustrated that I have to tell him exactly what to get me. Although, he has veered off the path and tried to pick on his own and it hasn't worked out well. Maybe I am too picky or just that P doesn't listen as closely when I say I like something. :)
    I am pretty practical in my choices though.
     I seriously almost put down that I wanted the rug in the dining room treated with a stain resistant solution... I thankfully left that off the list I laughed at myself for that one.

Can't wait to see pics of your reno's A!
  • Ash- Lol, you really are living it up! Bummer for having to give P a list every year with ideas :(.
    Andrea- Woohoo! Glad the reno is almost done. Have fun at soccer tonight, kick some butt!
    Anniversary
  • In Response to Re: Wednesday:
    I feel old because I asked for sheets for the bed and a throw blanket. Man I know how to live it up!
    Posted by AshleyLynnB
    Sheets are not presents!!!  LOL.  I have a firm rule that if it something that you need to live (ie, underwear, sheets, socks, every day soap/shampoo, etc) that it doesn't count as a christmas present and should not be under the tree or given on a birthday.  I think presents should be something that you wouldn't buy for yourself.  

I do however have some great throwns that my mom gave me over the years - target used to do these down ones that are perfect for curling up in front of the tv with.  
  • I know what you mean Sarah but I would buy the cheap sheets instead of the good ones myself. I asked for really nice sheets. :)
    If that is any more justification for my sad Christmas list. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards