Hawaii

Kauai Dinner/Recepiton Locations?

Hi all!
So we are looking for a place were we can have our dinner reception! We dont really want to have to decor, just want a place where we can fit our party of possibly 30 in a restaruant or location and have a dinner.
The place we were or are considering atm is Hanalei Colony Resort, but for a party of 30 there is a coordinator fee of 450 and a restaruant fee of 1100 I believe from 31-40 is 1500, that's not even including the food yet, which to me sounds crazy! But maybe it's just me!?

Thoughts anyone??
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Kauai Dinner/Recepiton Locations?

• edited December 2011
    I think it all depends on the restaurant.  For 20-25 I checked into one restaurant that for their private room you had to have a minimum bill of $4,000, that wasn't including the cake, just food and drink.  If you didn't, they charged you the balance.  The restaurant we are having the reception at is not charging us a room fee or any additional charges like that and actually gave us one layer of the cake for free.  A rough guess is that our bill including tip and tax for 20 should be around $2300 including the cake.
  • A-Team 9/29A-Team 9/29 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having our reception dinner at the Nanea Restaurant at the Westin Princeville.  For 25 guests, we have to spend a minimum of $900, which I think is going to be pretty easy to do (entrees are about  $25-30).  We are bringing in our own cake at no charge, and wine/champagne for $15 corkage fee.  We haven't yet had the dinner, so I can't comment on the food, but the customer service has been great.  Kimberly and Tiffany have been a tremendous help. 

GL
  • ever_afterever_after member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @A-Team
    Are you using the indoor or outdoor?
    Are you bringing any type of decor?
    I love that they don't charge for taking ur own cake btw! If we wanted to have any outside vendor it was abt 250 per outside vendor! And if we decided to have the ceremony at their beach it would be 250 for officant, 250 for cake, 250 for photographer... it was getting crazy lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • A-Team 9/29A-Team 9/29 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If the weather holds out for us, we'll be using the outdoor area.  I think the max seating is 26.  I'm not bringing in any sort of decor, but they provide little vases with orchids.  I never planned to bring any table settings in, so I'm not sure what their policy is. 

I know it can get expensive!   Feel free to email me at angela80v@yahoo.com if you have anymore questions.
  • ever_afterever_after member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks I'll add u soon! My yahoo starts with blueangel so get scared if someone with that name adds u lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards