African American Weddings

Roles @ Home

Are there certain roles that you ladies take on at home (i.e. cleaning, cooking, etc)

What do you ladies do?

Do you feel like there are things that you need to change once you become a wife?
AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

Re: Roles @ Home

• happe2getherhappe2gether member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hhhmmmm.. well I guess we have mostly traditional roles set in our home - mainly because I have 2 kids from a previous marriage so I am in the know about everything.  But it doesn't keep him from being the "dad" at all because they aren't his biological children.  Yeah definitely traditional   
    80 said yes image
  • cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We don't live together yet, but we have discussed it.  He's going to cook at least 70% of the time.  Honestly, he's a better cook than I am and cooks every single night - whereas I cook about once every 2 weeks.  LOL!  I do plan on helping him cook a lot though and preparing many meals together.

He is also a big cleaner, but I want to take over some of the cleaning b/c he's going to be cooking so much.   

I will be moving into his condo so we don't have the traditional outside jobs to manage yet - but FI said he loves to trim hedges and mow the lawn b/c he grew up doing it at home...so I guess he's handling that once we buy a house.

I'm starting to feel bad, I need to figure out what I will be doing!  I guess spending lots of time raising our kids once we start a family.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • TysWife2BeTysWife2Be member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I feel like I had a reality check...

I thought that I would lose myself but I kind of feel like there are more things that I need to do on a normal basis that a wife should do.

I want to keep my man happy...he is busting his A$$ with this restaurant...I could at least take care of things at home...
    AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

• tamtam7tamtam7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FI and I have been living together for two years now.  He does the cooking and I do most of the cleaning.  He takes care of the lawn and takes out the trash and occasionally straightens up when guests come to visit.  We find that this is best for us, because he enjoys cooking and does a very good job at it.  He drags his feet about cleaning up and it annoys me.  I'm not a neat freak or anything but I can't stand for dishes to pile up in the kitchen, so I decided to take on that role.  The big role that I'm concerned about is how we are going to deal with our finances.  I think I'm going to post a question about it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards