Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Finally!

I am finally about to finish up my semester and move to the Dallas/Fort Worth area to live with my FI ! I am so excited to get there and finally start planning this wedding! Any tips for someone very very new to the area?

Re: Finally!

• bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, which one are you going to live closer to?  Dallas or Fort Worth?
  • SalvaNosSalvaNos member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am moving to Euless so which ever one that is closer to! I still do not know the area very well at all...probably should familiarize myself haha!
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    i'd suggest first studying the map... when i first moved here i got lost a million times and there are so many cities in this place!!! once i learned the basic relationship where everything was to each other, i felt so much more at home. good thing is .. you are kinda in the middle, so access to both fort worth and dallas! close to the airport (which is always a good thing!). just south of you is arlington, which has a ton of stuff ... malls, restaurants, six flags, the DALLAS COWBOYS!!!! ;)  and alot more (i live just south of there). what hobbies are you into?
    if you need suggestions on wedding planning from local gals, this is definetly the place to be!!! just make a post and we are right on it!!!
    oh and welcome!!!!!
  • bsn1752bsn1752 member
    edited December 2011
    I am from the same area... Grapevine.  You're actually pretty much right in between Dallas and Fort Worth.  You definitely need to hit up downtown Fort Worth, either the Stockyards or Sundance Square.  There's lots of fun stuff in both cities though.  And yes, the sports is a huge thing here... Mavericks (boo), Rangers, Cowboys, Stars... everything!  Also, if you like small towns, Grapevine Main Street is so cute and has great shopping...
  • edited December 2011
    OH yEAH!!!! downtown main street grapevine is my favorite thing to do in the area!!! i love to go wine tasting!!!
  • SalvaNosSalvaNos member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have driven through there but have never shopped! I will have to do that! But thanks for all the feedback it helps a lot! I am very excited to finally be there for good and stop this long distance thing. I am also very glad to be moving to such a big area with tons of things to do quite the change from where i am now!
  • bsn1752bsn1752 member
    edited December 2011
    YES!! Wine tasting is awesome... I highly recommend "Tastings: A Wine Experience" on Main Street... it's SO COOL.

http://www.awineexperience.com/
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011

Welcome!  This is a great board too for when you're ready to start planning your wedding.  Everyone here was so helpful when I was planning mine and both Dallas and Ft. Worth are full of great vendors.

• edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome to the area!
  • edited December 2011
    Congratulations, you're going to love it here! I'm moving soon.. to College Station.. boo! And I'm not thrilled with leaving DFDub for AggieLand!
  • edited December 2011
    I feel like I live so far away from everyone on here! :-p  All the way on the other side of the metroplex.  I need to get to Grapevine more though!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards