April 2013 Weddings

Any ideas yet on honeymoons?

My fiance and I are getting married April 27th and neither of us has ever been on a plane before in our lives.  We were thinking about going to Hawaii, but I think it'll be a very long flight for us and too expensive.  So far we've been looking at either Key West or the Bahamas, looking for all inclusive resorts, but we have no clue what we're doing.  We're thinking of leaving on a Monday and coming home on Friday or Saturday, but we're not too sure on that yet either.  Just looking to see if anyone else has any honeymoon plans yet.
Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: Any ideas yet on honeymoons?

• We're doing a destination wedding, so that IS our honeymoon. 

Are you anywhere near Frankfort?  Lincoln Travel & Cruises is an AMAZING travel agency that I used when I went to Hawaii and it was MUCH lower than what we budgeted.  If you do go that route, definitely do a layover in LA or Texas.  It's a little over 8 hours to Honolulu from O'Hare and we made the mistake of taking a direct flight.  NEVER AGAIN!  lol

Sandals Negril is very popular with the destination wedding board, so they must be doing something right.  Head over to the destination wedding board and read through some of the sticky posts on top.  There should be a link somewhere to the DW brides bio page.  It will list where everyone did their weddings and if you find that one is mentioned a lot, it might be good to check them out.  Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
    20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8th
  • We've decided on Hawaii.  It's a splurge, but we figure it's likely going to one of only times we will be able to indulge ourselves on that sort of vacation. I've been to the caribbean many times and I love the bahamas. I've heard awesome things about Sandals St. Lucia as far as an all inclusive - I know two couples who have honeymooned there and said great things.

Follow Me on Pinterest

• Hi. I am getting married at the Sandals Negril Resort. Beautiful 7 mile beach. Also, I have vacationed at the Sandals in St. Lucia and redjellybean is correct, very beautiful as well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • FI and I are looking into going to Scotland possibly.  I spent 5 years there as a child and have been back once during college.  It's so beautiful and I'd love to share that piece of my childhood with him.  Looking into renting a houseboat and going from Edinborough to Glasgow or just renting a car to drive around in the Highlands and tour castles and the whiskey trail.

If all else fails, the fallback will be a Sandals resort - probably in St. Lucia.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I live in California, so Coachella festival will probably be our honeymoon, though we are going to try to get to hawaii sometime soonish after.

Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March siggy:THE DRESS
    photo practically_perfect_2_zpsb1ba38c6.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards