South Carolina-Charleston

Hair and Makeup review- covergirl brides

I just returned from my destination wedding in Kiawah Island  (I live in CT).  I had no idea where to turn for my hair and make up, so I asked my fellow knotties and Karen from Covergirl Brides was recommended.  I decided to give her a shot, but was a little worried because I don't love a lot of make up and my husband really hates it (he didn't even want me to wear make up -lol) and made me promise that I wouldn't be too made up.  I missed my trial run due to a flight cancelation, so I really really had to put a lot of faith in her.  I was a little worried because I knew that the wrong hair and make up would affect my confidence and all my pictures.  Did I mention that I never like it when I have my make up professionally done?  Also, I wanted my hair down - which I was told over and over (by anyone who cared to comment) was going to be a HUGE mistake - lol.
Luckily, Karen was wonderful.  I explained that I wanted my make up natural and my hair down.  She recommended hair extensions because of the humidity in SC.   She told me to send her a picture of my hair (through my iphone) and she'd be able to get a match.  It would cost $89 if I wanted to keep them or much less if I wanted to borrow hers.  This is a bargin, I tried to buy them last year and it was going to cost close to 2K.  I was skeptical that it would work - but the match was perfect!!  My husband still doesn't know I was wearing them - lol.  The make up was flawless - she spent so much time making sure that everything was perfect.  I was really impressed.  My sister also had her makeup done and she wanted more than me and hers was perfect too. I can't rave about her enough!

It wasn't just a job to her - she is so obviously passionate about making sure you look beautiful for your big day.  She spent 5 hours with just us, trying out different hair styles and make up.  I figured that would be it and completely expected her to go home.  Can you believe she didn't???  She stuck around for the ceremony and pictures after.  She primped my hair in between shots and made sure everything was absolutely perfect.  She honestly took care of me as if I were a family member.  I couldn't believe it. 

I"m still touched to this day when I think about the amount of care she gave me.  I would be happy to email anyone pictures or feel free to email me your phone number and we can discuss it more in details.  I couldn't have been happier with my choice and I definitely give her my highest recommendation.

Re: Hair and Makeup review- covergirl brides

• edited December 2011
    I've heard really good things about Covergirl Brides. Are the prices affordable?
  • edited December 2011
    Glad it worked out great for you. Yes Karen is wonderful, she'll follow you out the door making sure you're perfect. I surprised my MOH with make-up (she knew she was getting her hair done) and she was apprehensive.But she loved it. And I did too.
    I would highly recommend Covergirl Brides to anyone.

She is very reasonable considering she'll come to you.I did pay more for the air brush make-up because I was outside,and it lasted all day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I did the airbrush, too, and loved it.  I'm not sure how her prices are compared to other people because she's the only person I called.  She charges $200 for hair and makeup and $250 for airbrush and make up.  Would highly recommend the airbrush.  She also will go and get you hair extensions if you want.  Well worth it.  She spent almost 7 hours with me.

http://covergirlbrides.com/index.html
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using her as well  and I was SO happy with my trial run!  She is amazing!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the advice! I emailed her today. :)
  • mrsclark2010mrsclark2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using her for my October wedding and could not be more pleased!  She is so nice!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards