Illinois

Looking for a reception venue for 250+ guests in the Naperville area. Please help!

I looked through the venues listed on theknot but have not found something that is close enough, and allows for 250 guests or more. 

I'm looking for something affordable and unique even. I would not like to use a regular banquet hall or hotel, but if I don't find anything else, I might have to. 

I would even be ok with using a nice house with a big beautiful yard, an outdoor place with a nice big tent, a barn, a loft, a nightclub,  or something of that sort. I am open to the venue catering or bringing my own caterer. 

I would not like my guests traveling too far (15-20min ok) since the ceremony will be at a church where the officiant has known my family my whole life. The church is located in the Aurora area but I know Naperville might have nicer places.

Please help with some ideas! Im really open to any suggestions! THANK YOU! :) 

Re: Looking for a reception venue for 250+ guests in the Naperville area. Please help!

• Joliet has some nice places.  The Patrick Haley Mansion, Jacob Henrey Mansion Estate, Joliet Union Station.  We are having our reception at the Abbington in Glen Ellyn, and our church is in Mount Prospect.  I wouldn't worry about having your guests travel up to 30 min.  Sometimes they feature weddings on TLC's Four Weddings and they get married in Chicago, and have thier reception in the suburbs, making thier guests travel for up to an hour!  You should have your reception where you want it.Smile
  • Did you try Meson Sabika? I think it holds 300 or so? I checked it out and it was beautiful but the room was booked for the day I want :(
  • Miss EsaMiss Esa member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    edited June 2012
    NIU
    Its not the destination so much as the journey, they say. - Captain Jack Sparrow Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My reception is at Two Brothers Roundhouse (formerly Walter Payton Roundhouse) in Aurora.  I think the space is great.  I can't remember if the large room holds max 250 or 300 people.  There's a great outdoor patio area that you can use if the weather is nice.  It's fairly affordable (cheaper than most of the places we looked at in the Naperville/Lisle area) and the beer selection (important to my FI) is far better than the other places.  

• holbpischolbpisc member
    First Comment
    edited July 2012

Places with rooms for 300 people:

Carlisle, in Lombard
    Drury Lane, in Oakbrook Terrace
    White Eagle, in Aurora
    Carriage Greens, in Darien
    Bolingbrook Golf Club, Naperville/ Bolingbrook

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois_looking-for-a-reception-venue-for-250-guests-in-the-naperville-area-please-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:617Discussion:c12ebef7-63c9-403a-b267-53644ca76fd3Post:a4914920-e00b-48b7-94d2-8a0c061730ab">Looking for a reception venue for 250+ guests in the Naperville area. Please help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I looked through the venues listed on theknot but have not found something that is close enough, and allows for 250 guests or more.  I'm looking for something affordable and unique even. I would not like to use a regular banquet hall or hotel, but if I don't find anything else, I might have to.  I would even be ok with using a nice house with a big beautiful yard, an outdoor place with a nice big tent, a barn, a loft, a nightclub,  or something of that sort. I am open to the venue catering or bringing my own caterer.  I would not like my guests traveling too far (15-20min ok) since the ceremony will be at a church where the officiant has known my family my whole life. The church is located in the Aurora area but I know Naperville might have nicer places. Please help with some ideas! Im really open to any suggestions! THANK YOU! :) 
    Posted by jaso68[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>While you are early...check out my dj/Band guy!! 
    <div>
    </div><div><div>The contact info is at <a href="http://www.funkyjazzypop.com" rel="nofollow">http://www.funkyjazzypop.com</a></div><div>
    </div><div>I am getting  a band/DJ package where the guyI actually sing Michael Buble kinda stuff with a live jazz trio or recordings for Cocktails, and DJs the rest of the night...The price it just over a DJ price since he is both the singer and dj. He said he hires "gigging pros" that can leave early enough to make a "real gig"  so the costs stay low. He is an AMAZING singer!</div><div>
    </div><div>He pays you $100 if you refer him to a friend and they hire him too! I already got 2 friends using him!</div>
    </div></div>
  • I am looking for a place to host  700 people in the same area.  Within a 30 mile radius of Naperville.  Any ideas?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards