North Carolina-Outer Banks

Centerpieces: re-sale?

Hi Ladies, and Gent!

As we're thinking about more details I keep coming to the centerpieces and what exactly to use as well as how to save.  The wedding is 9/23/11 in Corolla. 

Is anyone having theirs near there, maybe with similar centerpiece ideas, that would be interested in re-salling (me to you, or you to me) to save some time/money for ourselves?  I'd be willing to buy someone's off of them at a discounted rate, or sell you mine for after our wedding!

FI really likes the small 3" square vases ("rock glass candle holders"), 4 together, with a flower in 2, sand & shells/seaglass in the other 2.  I'd like 2 different centerpieces, so for the other I'm thinking either something like these vases: http://www.candles4less.com/Floral-Florist-Supplies/Glass-Vases-Holders/6-x-12-Cylinder-Vase -- (someone on here shared them with us!) or even these from Yankee Candle (for $8-$9 depending on the size):

Thoughts?  This may just be too complicated, but I thought I'd throw it out there!

I'm also going to be looking for some white string lights (white small lights and white strand) if anyone is using them between now and them and wanted to sell them afterwards!

Thanks, as always, for the input/help!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Centerpieces: re-sale?

• mparwulskimparwulski member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

My wedding is in a couple of weeks in Duck.  I am alternating tables with 4x4 cube vases with hydrangeas and hurricane vases with candles, sand and shells.  I also have some white strand lights that may be promised to OBX2011, but I'll check if she still wants them.  I will post pics in a couple of weeks.  This is sort of the inspiration though:

But with 8" hurricane vases instead of fish bowls:

Tulle and lights on a small half moon table.  And also strung up outside on the patio around the pool.

These are the lights:

• OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Yes Maria....I still want the lights.  How many strands did you have and what is the price?

TCI...you are 1 week after me so we can figure out something to get you those lights.  When are you checking into your beach house?  We are 9/11-9/18 so maybe we could meet up on the 18th or I could leave them in the front office of your rental company?  Just let me know.....

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We can confirm with Laura, but I wrote down 25'.  They're at my dad's house.
  • edited December 2011
    Hmmm maybe I'll need some lights after you girls use them.  I'm getting married in October.  Do you think Christmas lights will be out at that time?  I'm thinkin its a good possibility!
  • tcigaltcigal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay! Thanks for the replies, and OBX2011' that is PERFECT timing: we arrive Sunday the 18th, so I'd love to meet up, if your day isn't too crazy (and hear some of the highlights!). Otherwise we have a friend in the area who could hold on to them, or there are 2 twiggy offices in corolla/duck you could leave them at. Chrissyk, I'm happy to pass the lights along after! Mpar, I think I could work with the hurricane vases! Def send me a pic when u get a chance, and then we can work out details via personal message.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Click on the link in my signature.  Everything's there, just not assembled and all pretty.  I will post pics of the tables soon.

I think all the OBX brides should just all do the same decor and rotate it week to week to the next bride.  Would save a lot of time and money.  :)
  • edited December 2011
    Haha Maria- love the idea!!  Too bad we didn't think of this sooner...
  • hibiscus118hibiscus118 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad my lights are going to get some good use this year :)  I'm almost certain they were 25' strands, so 250' all together?  I had to measure them though lol
    Laura & Dusty - September 7th, 2010!
    Hatteras, North Carolina
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    UPDATED 11/05/10 Lots of Wedding PICS!
    UPDATED 07/28/10 My Planning Bio Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    We'll have 200 white 20x20 napkins and about 180 sets of flatware up for grabs after our 9.17.11 wedding.  Cheaper to buy the napkins and throw them away afterwards than to rent them! Crazy! Definitely trying to pass them along though. We also have about 30ish 14" white LED paper lanterns from Pier 1 that we are gong to use to decorate the tent.  I alos have Christmas lights, but most have green wiring. I gave up on trying to find cheap priced Christmas lights in the summer! 
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_centerpieces-re-sale?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:598Discussion:da9acca1-4fb8-4983-94bb-0e936354202fPost:77978733-c7ea-4c81-ad9a-e21c020b235e">Re: Centerpieces: re-sale?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm glad my lights are going to get some good use this year :)  I'm almost certain they were 25' strands, so 250' all together?  I had to measure them though lol
    Posted by hibiscus118[/QUOTE]

Oh, so 10 strands!!  Perfect.  I wasn't even sure what I bought.  It seems like a lifetime ago.
  • hibiscus118hibiscus118 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_centerpieces-re-sale?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:598Discussion:da9acca1-4fb8-4983-94bb-0e936354202fPost:15a8c47b-70b4-4042-ace2-d393ed7adfe5">Re: Centerpieces: re-sale?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Centerpieces: re-sale? : Oh, so 10 strands!!  Perfect.  I wasn't even sure what I bought.  It seems like a lifetime ago.
    Posted by mparwulski[/QUOTE]

LOL you've got wedding brain, it'll be gone in a few weeks  ;)  and yep, it was definitely 10 strands, and 25' each still sounds right.

I'd recommend everyone using the lights that you bring an extension cord of some sort just in case ya need it.
    Laura & Dusty - September 7th, 2010!
    Hatteras, North Carolina
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    UPDATED 11/05/10 Lots of Wedding PICS!
    UPDATED 07/28/10 My Planning Bio Anniversary
  • tcigaltcigal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_centerpieces-re-sale?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:598Discussion:da9acca1-4fb8-4983-94bb-0e936354202fPost:e2ec3308-d01e-491d-bcdf-8f99246dfd88">Re: Centerpieces: re-sale?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We also have about 30ish 14" white LED paper lanterns from Pier 1 that we are gong to use to decorate the tent.  I alos have Christmas lights, but most have green wiring. I gave up on trying to find cheap priced Christmas lights in the summer! 
    Posted by RussoWill[/QUOTE]
    Ooo, I may be interested in some of the paper lanterns; maybe about 10?  How much did you pay/how much are you looking to sell them for?

And yes, we should have all coordinated and passed the items along!!  We'll definitely see what we can do, moving forward!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    tcigal-

I'd like to sell them for $5 each. We paid around $7 and bought batteries for them.  My wedding is on the 17th. I see yours is the 23rd. Maybe we can work something out while we're down there!
  • tcigaltcigal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Russo: sent you a message!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_centerpieces-re-sale?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:598Discussion:da9acca1-4fb8-4983-94bb-0e936354202fPost:15a8c47b-70b4-4042-ace2-d393ed7adfe5">Re: Centerpieces: re-sale?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Centerpieces: re-sale? : Oh, so 10 strands!!  Perfect.  I wasn't even sure what I bought.  It seems like a lifetime ago.
    Posted by mparwulski[/QUOTE]

Maria....we will have to figure out a way for me to get these from you.  My bridal shower is Aug 20th at 4pm so maybe we could meet somewhere or figure something out.  What is the price for those?

• edited December 2011
    Would you be willing to part out the white napkins?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards