Honeymoon Discussions

Chicago Honeymoon

We'll be going to Chicago for our honeymoon from Sept 24th-October 1st.  Could anyone offer some ideas for things to do?  We have already booked a walking tour and reserved a night boat cruise.  We are staying at the Homewood Suites which is close to the Navy Pier. 

We have looked into the obvious things like the Willis Tower, Art Institute, and the Navy Pier.  We are looking for things that aren't as advertised but are still great things to do in Chicago.  Also suggestions for places to eat would be great too.

thanks!

Re: Chicago Honeymoon

• Whoever said you'd get bored with 7 days in the city is crazy!  There is so much to see and do that is def not true.  

As every one already mentioned going to Blue Man Group/Second City.  Don't buy your tickets full price! Go to Half Off Tix, there are two locations I know about one at Randolph and Michigan (across the street from the cultural center) and one on Michigan and Pearson (across the street from Water Tower) They have tons of different shows at a huge discount.  They sell out quickly but definitely check it out.  Also, if you're at Pearson and Michigan walk a little bit west on Pearson and stop by Ghiardelli for a free chocolate square! 

I agree with going to the Signature Lounge for drinks and not dinner, the views are amazing!  Check out getting a GO Pass, it will let you into different museums for one low price. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask! 
  • I grew up in Chicago and love it :-)  Ditto the museums, they're fantastic and definitely worth checking out.  Also ditto Gino's East, we lucked out last time and went on the early side I think on a weekday and didn't have to wait long.  If you're football fans, the tour of Soldier Field is interesting and worth looking into, generally they do it for larger groups but they tacked us on to another group that was scheduled and honored our tour anyway when the group wasn't able to make it.  If you're baseball fans, the Cubby Bear across from Wrigley Field is a fun place.  Also the SEARS Tower.
    Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
  • Thanks everyone!  Those are some great ideas and I'm so excited to see Chicago!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards