Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

NYE Plans?

My friends and I were talking about NYE this weekend and I was curious to see if anyone had any plans or ideas yet?

We got invited to spend NYE with several sets of friends in DC, but I don't think we will go this year, since we were just there in May. Last year, we went to a Murder Mystery Dinner at Spaghetti Warehouse. For several years, we ended up being sick on NYE and just stayed home.

I was checking out options last night, and Velveeta is playing at Altar, Rusted Root is playing at the Carnegie Library in Homestead, and there is always Tick Tock Rock in Station SQ (was there NYE 05 for Rusted Root and it was fun!)  So, these are all possibilities for us.  Or we might just have a few friends over and stay home.

What is everyone else doing?

Re: NYE Plans?

• edited December 2011
    Quite honestly, NYE is just never that exciting, so the past few years, we have stayed home and just had a party with some friends over. I also hate driving on NYE, so staying home is safest.

If we do anything this year, it will be across the street at the W hotel or we will just have a party.

Dave & Jennifer 10.18.08
    My Doha Adventures
  • New_to_PGHNew_to_PGH member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm with Jennybee - I always feel like it's an overrated holiday. That said, if our house is back in order, we'll use it as an excuse to have a psudo housewarming, since we haven't had people over since April due to the construction mess!
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with JBee. I kind of hate NYE. Too many drunkards out driving. That seems to be my issue with a lot of holidays, but I don't trust other drivers much on those nights. We were at JBee's last year actually. Wish we could be there this year, but Doha is a *bit* of a drive. :P

I'm a humbug about NYE. Yell
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Awww, M! I wish you could come over too! Sorry Doha is so far away. Last year was fun! Do you still have the frog?!

Dave & Jennifer 10.18.08
    My Doha Adventures
  • edited December 2011
    We don't do too much either-I'm not big on going out with all the drunkards on NYE.  Last year we had a few other couples over, made dinner, and just hung out at our house.  The year before I think we went out to dinner early (like 6 or 7) with a few other couples, then went to one of their houses for the rest of the night.
  • edited December 2011
    For the past three years, we've gone to a friend's house for a small party.  Nothing too exciting.  I miss the days of getting a hotel room downtown and partying it up with my girl friends! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• hey_its_jennhey_its_jenn member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The past 2 years, DH has has to work NYE so I'd set the DVR to catch the ball drop and go to bed about 10 and watch it with him the next morning. Haha.

Married 9/19/09
    Me: 27 // DH: 31
    TTC # 1 Since October 2010 (Not preventing since 2009)

October 2012: DH Dx: Testicular Cancer -- Left Orchiectomy
    December 2012: F/U CT Scan -- All clean!
    January 2013: Starting the adoption process!

• edited December 2011
    Yup, JBee. Still have the frog! :)
  • edited December 2011
    We don't have any plans.  We don't usually go out because of all the drunk drivers.  Instead, we usually go out to a nice dinner, then come hme and fall asleep before the ball drops.  
  • Er/jerEr/jer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We typically go to my sister's - no driving.  I really don't like the big crowds and don't want to deal with the drunk drivers.  Plus - she's within very close walking distance, so we can get back to the dogs that night.
  • edited December 2011
    I love NYE! I am going to see what's going on here in DC, but we may just end up staying home b/c it is so $$! I don't mind going out though, since we take the metro anyway. Last year we went out and it was ok, but the bar we went to was more of a local hangout, and it seemed like everyone knew each other.
  • edited December 2011
    FIL and MIL will be in town and staying with us so we'll probably do absolutely nothing. I'm bummed because I love NYE!
  • elishanbelishanb member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is something about NYE that I really love. Last yearwe spent time with a couple friends nothing major, and we'll probably do that same this year.
    image.
  • edited December 2011

We usually stay in as well b/c of the drunks.  Last year we stayed over my Aunt's house because my young cousins kept begging us to come for a "sleepover" we all played Wii and Sing Star, plus my aunt and I had time for girl talk and mixing drinks for the adults.  I know my cousins really loved hanging out with us (although I think Dave's taken my place as the "cool" one in their eyes lol) and we had a great time too.  My aunt mentioned it again this weekend, so we'll probably end up doing the same thing this year.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards