Moms and Maids
Options

ideas to involve mom

I really want to have my Mother as part of my ceremony. She raised me as my parents were divorced and my father passed away. This is my 2nd wedding, but as it is my FI's first we are having the destination wedding of our dreams in 2013 in Cabo. I am also close with FI's mother. My Mom can be a bit shy and fades into the background while my FMIL is the exact opposite. ANYHOW I am rambling... sorry...  My Gram mentioned that it would be nice to have my mother walk me down the isle. However I was really hoping to have my son walk me. He will be 10. My kids are my best friends. I would like to have my mother do something eqi-important... any ideas???

thanks
Cat
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: ideas to involve mom

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think that you have a lot of time to think about this since your wedding is over 2 years away. Not to mention that fact that you might change your mind about this several times between now and the wedding.
  • Options
    trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If your wedding is 3 years away, I'd say that this is something that you can decide in early 2013.  Nothing, short of perhaps a venue, should be absolutely decided and cast in stone now.  You'll regret it if you do.

But, advice from a former MOG and MOB.  On my DD's wedding day, I didn't need anything more that to be her mom.  It was a perfect day for me, and nothing mattered more to me than seeing her walk down the aisle, dance with her dad, and share some special quiet moments with me, before and after the ceremony, and during and after the reception.

If your mom is naturally quiet, and your FMIL is naturally more exuberant and outgoing, please don't try to change either one.  Let them be who they want to be, and don't try to force them into something that might make them uncomfortable.  They'll be happier and so will you.

Anyway, let these kind of minor decisions wait for a couple of years.  GL
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_ideas-involve-mom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:e6494ba9-99a7-42b6-9190-6a4665aad928Post:211653ba-d2bd-496a-b31c-aaac94575ad6">Re: ideas to involve mom</a>:
    [QUOTE]If your wedding is 3 years away, I'd say that this is something that you can decide in early 2013.  Nothing, short of perhaps a venue, should be absolutely decided and cast in stone now.  You'll regret it if you do. But, advice from a former MOG and MOB.  On my DD's wedding day, I didn't need anything more that to be her mom.  It was a perfect day for me, and nothing mattered more to me than seeing her walk down the aisle, dance with her dad, and share some special quiet moments with me, before and after the ceremony, and during and after the reception. If your mom is naturally quiet, and your FMIL is naturally more exuberant and outgoing, please don't try to change either one.  Let them be who they want to be, and don't try to force them into something that might make them uncomfortable.  They'll be happier and so will you. Anyway, let these kind of minor decisions wait for a couple of years.  GL
    Posted by trix1223[/QUOTE]

This....absolutely!
    My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards