California-Napa
Options

Tips for French Laundry reservations?

Hi all!

My FI and I are doing a mini-moon to Napa after our wedding in October (we live in LA). Our number one goal is to eat at the French Laundry! I've heard some hotel concierges can help you get reservations. We were thinking of staying at a B&B, perhaps the Candlelight. Does anyone have experience with this? Inside tips? Personal favors you can call in? ;-) I don't have an AmEx black card so I can't get them to do it for me! Thanks in advance.
my read shelf:
Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
40/112

Photobucket

Re: Tips for French Laundry reservations?

• Options
    agoldhammeragoldhammer member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi.
    Anyone can get reservations, the catch is that the reservations are usually a year or more out.I highly doubt a B&B will have any pull. Maybe a concierge at a hotel.

Head to the French Laundry website and try to make a reservation, you might get lucky! Also, sometimes it's easer to get lunch reservations than dinner.

Good luck!
  • Options
    lproutenlprouten member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The best bet is to call EVERY morning looking for a cancellation. Lunch reservations are easier, but dinner arn't impossible. Be persistent, and friendly!!

GL
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Also, it's not the French Laundry, but Thomas Keller's other restaurant Bouchon (located just down the street in Yountville) is absolutely to die for.  Highly recommend, even if you do get in!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards