Massachusetts-Boston

Inexpensive function room / reception hall

Hi guys.  Does anyone have any recommendations on inexpensive function rooms or reception halls?  We are doing a destination wedding in Bora Bora then planning a reception at home.  I want the reception to be pretty casual (under 100 people) so I'm not looking for anything too fancy.  I was thinking of Spinelli's in East Boston or Lynnfield. 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Re: Inexpensive function room / reception hall

• edited December 2011
    My wedding is at Spinelli's in Lynnfield and I just love it.  The Capri room is very nice and will hold less than 100.
    Teresa & Bill June 10, 2011
  • edited December 2011
    we're looking at posts and legion halls.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    is spinelli's expensive?
  • edited December 2011
    We are doing our wedding at Spinelli's in Lynnfield.  The per person pricing for the meals start in the $60s, if you want to do a sit down meal. 

If you are working with a really tight budget, you may want to look at the East Boston Spinellis.  Depending on the package, the East Boston prices can be lower, or they offer you more in the package for the same price as the Lynnfield location.

Good luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    If you don't mind South Shore, check out the Tirrell Room in Quincy. It was an old Elks very pretty. Their packages were very reasonable.
  • edited December 2011

Rockport Art Association in Rockport, MA.  You can do 125 seated for dinner.

• edited December 2011
    I heard the Elks in Gloucester was really nice - but I've never been there myself.
  • Ishaba11Ishaba11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Elks in Gloucester is amazing. But they have limited caterers you can use and I'm not sure if any of them have limits on how many people you have to have. Any of the elks, mouse, legions, vfw, irish american, all those private clubs might be worth it to take a look. If you like being on the water the elks in winthrop is also on the water but definitely not as fancy as gloucester. My dad is an elk and he has been the "head" elk twice in my life. I've been to a lot of elks clubs lol
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the feedback ladies.  I think I might also check out Anthony's in Somerville.  Our families are from Boston - north of Boston, so I don't want to go south of the city since that wouldn't be convenient for myself or any of the guests. 
  • edited December 2011
    Anthony's is nice, I've been to a few functions there (grew up in Somerville).  I think it's fairly inexpensive too and the room is very pretty.  Also check out Anthony's in Malden (I don't think they are the same owners, but the whole Anthony's thing reminded me lol).

Oh and if Winthrop isn't too far for you, check out the WInthrop Elks and the Winthrop Yacht Club - both are nice and on the water (and cheap).
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you Jesibel!  I am also from Somerville.  Did you go to Somerville High?  What year did you graduate? 
  • edited December 2011
    I grew up in Somerville as well.  Anthony's in Malden is a lot more expensive than the one in Somerville.  There is Post 44 in Newton that is supposed to be really nice.  I think they have 2 large rooms.  I haven't gotten a chance to check them out yet though.  But it was recommended to me by a former knottie.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards