June 2012 Weddings

How was your holiday?!

Hey everyone! I hope everyone had an amazing Easter Holiday!

I wanted to share "my" good news with everyone. Yesterday my FSIL planned an Easter Egg/Treasure Hunt for her brothers (ages: the twins are 25 and their youngest is 21). At the end of the Egg Hunt, the last clue was "I hope you had fun, I can't wait to meet my uncles in Nov!" So...I will be an Auntie at the end of Nov.  :-)  It's so exciting! She works with me and I am soooo happy for her! She was pregnant once before last year and lost the baby....so she is having a hard time being excited right now...but my FI and I have been telling her it all happens for a reason and this is HER time!  :-)

So I am going to be an aunt!

Re: How was your holiday?!

• Yay!! That's so exciting!! It's going to be a very long time until I'm an official aunt. FI has a nephew, but he's already 10, so it's not really the same. My brother is 4 years younger than me so he has at least 5 years (hopefully more) until babies.

We had a very relaxing day yesterday. Church and then brunch with FI, mom, my brother and two of our friends and then we just relaxed before we went to my aunt's for dinner. And the weather was glorious!
  • That's a really cute way to announce it.  Congrats!
  • Congrats! There is nothing better than being an aunt. I have a 17 yr old niece who I practically raised and she is my hero!! What a nice suprise on a happy day!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That is a really cute way to announce it! FSIL is pregnant and due in July, so FI and I are very excited to be an aunt/uncle! It's actually quite adorable how excited FI is about becoming an uncle for the first time.

Easter was good for me except I'm sick and can't seem to shake this congestion/cough. Kept me up most of the night.
  • I am so super excited! I work with my FSIL and used to live with her for 3 months before I got my apartment and I know how hard she's been trying. I know why she isn't getting excited yet but I am so happy for her it's unreal!  :-)

PS: I met my FI's twin brothers girlfriend and I am so trying to like her. She didn't say much because it was her first time around everyone...but she has drawn in eyebrows that makes her look mad all the time and that's why I am really not a fan. I know...say what you want but I just couldn't help it! I have to get used to it....

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_holiday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:ffdaf640-00e7-4f9a-990d-1ed01facbcbcPost:c4e68e29-bc07-42ff-b7b0-103d3107a98a">Re: How was your holiday?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am so super excited! I work with my FSIL and used to live with her for 3 months before I got my apartment and I know how hard she's been trying. I know why she isn't getting excited yet but I am so happy for her it's unreal!  :-) PS: I met my FI's twin brothers girlfriend and I am so trying to like her. She didn't say much because it was her first time around everyone...but <strong>she has drawn in eyebrows that makes her look mad all the time</strong> and that's why I am really not a fan. I know...say what you want but I just couldn't help it! I have to get used to it....
    Posted by klapham[/QUOTE]

I totally get how excited you are about the baby. My FBIL/FSIL are expecting their first in September and I'm sooooo excited to be an aunt. This will be my first niece or nephew and I can't wait to spoil the kid!

Plus, I don't blame you for being weirded out by the eyebrows. I'd probably be pretty creeped out if my brother dated a girl like that. Good luck getting used to it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That's so cute, and exciting!

We just went to my parents' house for Easter dinner.  I cleaned out my desk at their house, then they did the usual "family time around the television until they're ready to leave" bit.  Time with my family is always super fun and exciting...  On the upside, I got the rest of my trophies from my teenage years :)
    Mrs. Abbe Peanut Butter || Planning Bio
    June 2012 February Signature: Favorite picture of you & FI
  • That is so exciting about becoming an aunt!! I will be an aunt in July and I couldn't be more excited. I think it's going to help scratch my baby itch that I have been having lately.

We actually just finished our Easter dinner about an hour ago. We all couldn't make it home yesterday so we decided to wait a day and it was delish. I completely went off my diet but it was worth it. 

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011
  • not very easter-ish.  Fi and i made breakfast together and spent the day cleaning out our mud room and cleaning the house.  should've done HW and then was super stressed at school today.  spent half the day at the theatre for rehearsal.  can't wait to get through these last 2 weeks of school!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic "June 2012" November Siggy: cake inspiration Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congrats on the baby!

Sprty- I have two people in my family that are going to have babies this fall, it is making my itch worse!! :(

We went to Chad's cousins for dinner. FMIL and I dyed eggs the night before and filled plastic eggs with tons of candy. We hid them for his 3 cousins. :) It was fun and such a sunny day!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards