Registry and Gift Forum

Wedding Gift for Future Husband

Hey everyone! I was just wondering what people are planning on doing - are you planning on giving your husband (or wife) a gift on your wedding day or skipping it. If you are giving a gift, are you telling him or surprising him and not expecting one in return? I'm planning on making some sort of scrap book for him, but do you have any other cute ideas? I'm trying to make the day a personal for the both of us as possible!
Love, Erin

Re: Wedding Gift for Future Husband

• We decided to exchange gifts.  I got a beautiful diamond necklace and I got H a new laptop that he wanted.  The day of I sent over a bottle of scotch and cigars for him and the GM's with a personal note.  He sent over roses and a card as well. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I made him a "newlywed map" which I had his sister deliver to him before the wedding.

I also had a custom bobblehead of us made which I surprised him with at the reception.

• I am giving him boudoir photos.  We haven't strictly said yes or no to  exchanging gifts.  If he decides to give me something I am sure I will love it, if not that is ok too. I am only giving him the photos because I want to. I don't want or expect anything in return :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I gave mine race  car driving lessons where he can take his '59 corvette to compete with other cars. It will blow him away. I'm so excited to give it to him. I like the idea of sending him note though for getting ready.
    photo c603d655-594e-44b6-a311-72f04e7a561b_zpscca2447c.jpg My Little Sweetheart Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We are exchanging gifts and cards through my made of honor and his best man-they are each delivering them before the wedding while we are still getting ready for the ceremony (so that we can somewhat communicate before hand and wear the gift we got eachother during the cremony).  I got him a watch but I have no idea what he got me (maybe some bling).  Then for after the Wedding later that night I plan on giving him the Boudoir Book I had made for him when we return to our room for the evening before leaving for the Honeymoon! He has no idea about the book it will be a surprise!
  • I think I am definitely going to do some sending of a gift in the morning through my personal attendant when we are getting ready! (We decided not to see each other before the wedding, it was his only wish for the the day!) Thanks for all the ideas! :)
    Love, Erin
  • I'm getting him a Keg-o-rator that he has been lusting after for over a year!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_wedding-gift-future-husband?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:34Discussion:de3d90ad-c426-46e6-aba3-dc41d5e74610Post:e4fd58ed-7080-4d07-af4c-bbe0b8a9e454">Re: Wedding Gift for Future Husband</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am giving him boudoir photos.  We haven't strictly said yes or no to  exchanging gifts.  If he decides to give me something I am sure I will love it, if not that is ok too. I am only giving him the photos because I want to. I don't want or expect anything in return :)
    Posted by rknox88[/QUOTE]

I think I'm doing the same thing.  I know he'll love them, but I'm pretty sure I will love them too!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_wedding-gift-future-husband?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:34Discussion:de3d90ad-c426-46e6-aba3-dc41d5e74610Post:04a25935-40b0-4981-a202-c6120f4a895c">Re: Wedding Gift for Future Husband</a>:
    [QUOTE]We did gifts - I bought my husband flying lessons.  He LOVED it.  I gave him the certificate a few days before the wedding because we're bad at keeping secrets from each other.  Christmas is one big secret fail lol. The day of the wedding, I sent my dad to the church with a letter to give him before the ceremony.
    Posted by jennylove810[/QUOTE]

I am horrible at secrets too.  I get so excited about things.  He can keep secrets, me not so much :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards