Snarky Brides

Confessions

Re: Confessions

• Duds- I know plenty of adults who have braces now. I don't think it's terribly uncommon these days.

I actually considered implants for a while- my chest is quite small compared to the rest of me- but I don't know that I want to have to 'maintain' them. Plus I'm not fond of the hand feel of them and neither is H, lol.
  • Mara, I don't see anything wrong with that at all.  When we're done with kids I am most certainly getting a reduction/lift. 

My confession?  I've now gained 30 lbs.  It's been incredibly slow and steady (nearly exactly 1 lb per week) and I know I need to gain weight for the baby, but damn, 30 lbs?  I'm mad at myself for not exercising more.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited February 2012
    Duds, I got my braces off in June. They weren't the clear ones, and my teeth were absolutely not straight when they went on.

When I left the orthodontist's office after having them put on, I looked in the mirror and bawled. 

When I left the office after getting them off, I could not stop smiling. For years, I refused to show my teeth when I smiled, but now I can't stop.

ETA: The only person who ever made fun of me was H's asshole (former) friend. Not even my nieces and nephews teased me.
  • Milkduds I really want and need braces. I don't know why I haven't gotten I have had dental insurance for a long time now. I did all the prep work when I was a teenager and then I was diagnosed with diabetes and the dentist wanted to wait until I adjusted to that.

I semi blame my mom and myself for never getting them put on. It is something that really bothers me and makes me sad. I know that I can get it fixed but I really have no idea what is stopping me besides myself.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_confessions-24?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:fcaaa492-892e-4c8e-91e7-d3e522fbbc0ePost:ea727e68-fd3a-4b61-a379-fa1495ba8fb7">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mara, I don't see anything wrong with that at all.  When we're done with kids I am most certainly getting a reduction/lift.  My confession?  I've now gained 30 lbs.  It's been incredibly slow and steady (nearly exactly 1 lb per week) and I know I need to gain weight for the baby, but damn, 30 lbs?  I'm mad at myself for not exercising more.
    Posted by raynes[/QUOTE]

You are growing a human Raynes, you need to gain weight.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I confess that my H's friend left this morning, and I'm really glad. The guy was only here for three nights, and he's a really nice guy, but I'm really glad to have my space back and not have to worry about entertaining him while H is at work. H and I have our own routines, and having a guest threw me off.
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • My mom also had braces for a few years, and no one gave her grief about it. 

Its been YEARS since I've been to the dentist.  I know that's terrible.  But now I'm just scurred to go and have the dentist yell at me about how long its been.  I just need to bite the bullet and go.  There are a bunch of places in Boston that do a $57 first exam, with cleaning and x-rays.
    Photobucket
  • This is really lame, and also a P&R cause I"m going to the gym, but I confess that I was typing a FB status last night that included H's name, and at first I typed "H" instead of his name.  I had my mouse hovering on the "post" button, about ready to click when I realized it.  Oops. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_confessions-24?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:fcaaa492-892e-4c8e-91e7-d3e522fbbc0ePost:7c457caf-77e1-4376-8696-ffe0596b8a35">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]You guys are making me feel much better about braces.  I work with the public frequently for work so I think that is where a lot of my insecurity is coming from.  Feeling like I would be judged by my peers/colleagues makes me uneasy. BIL has them now and he's 41.  He's a pediatrician and he said a lot of the kids have asked him about them so maybe I am just worrying for nothing!
    Posted by ILoveMilkDuds[/QUOTE]

My CW is 56 and has them, I cant even tell.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_confessions-24?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:fcaaa492-892e-4c8e-91e7-d3e522fbbc0ePost:4e58b047-cbe4-4f44-bb4a-ed152853aa3f">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions : You are growing a human Raynes, you need to gain weight.
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

I know, and I know it's stupid to be upset about it.  It's just hard going from being in weight loss mode for so long to gain weight and see the highest number on the scale ever mode.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I confess my drunk aunt just sent me two pictures on my phone, and she did the same thing over the weekend so I let her have it.  I'm saying some really shitty things to her right now but I don't care.  She's probably drunk off her ass right now and won't remember anyway.  She remembers nothing any time I say anything to her.
    panther
  • I"m pretty sure if I get less than a 30 on my ACTs,  I'm a huge failure. First world problems, right here.
  • After we have kids, H already knows that I'm getting a breast reduction. I'm already rather large, and the women in my family just grow after kids. Like almost double. I know H would love that, but I'm already self-concious about my boobs, I don't need them any bigger. I'm really looking forward to smaller ones!
  • I had braces for 6 years.  SIX YEARS.  And I still have a gap between my teeth.  Yes, I wore my retainer.  For 5 years.  Then I stopped b/c it was gross.  But I had the gap before I stopped wearing it.  I'm not bitter.
    Photobucket
  • Duds - I have three coworkers who currently have braces.  One of them is 50, and the other two are in their 40s. 

All our animals absolutely adore DH.  Cheddar follows him around meowing, and he doesn't even like cats.  Nala gets jealous if we hug or sit close together and will get between us, and does her happy dance when he gets home.  b!tch.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_confessions-24?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:fcaaa492-892e-4c8e-91e7-d3e522fbbc0ePost:1072ce0a-d020-4365-bac3-34864e0dce40">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I"m pretty sure if I get less than a 30 on my ACTs,  I'm a huge failure. First world problems, right here.
    Posted by Anysunrise[/QUOTE]

Along the same line, I'll probably cry if my GPA drops below a 4.0.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • LP - I have referred to him as 'DH' in conversation.   I got a really strange look.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_confessions-24?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:fcaaa492-892e-4c8e-91e7-d3e522fbbc0ePost:bba085e1-6e7a-4008-81ce-eb8ce9c9eeef">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is really lame, and also a P&R cause I"m going to the gym, but I confess that I was typing a FB status last night that included H's name, and at first I typed "H" instead of his name.  I had my mouse hovering on the "post" button, about ready to click when I realized it.  Oops. 
    Posted by LP11509[/QUOTE]

<div>I think of my husband as "H", too. Before we were married, I called him "FI" while talking to some people at work. They looked at me like I had two heads.</div>
  • I been working a lot and started dating again. Things been great, fine and dandy most of all happy but my health is going back downhill and it scares the ever living crap out of me. My back has been hurting for the past week more then usual and I keep putting off calling the doctor since he kind of just threw it out the window back in Aug. But this is even worse now.

On another note I been really thinking of possibly trying to go to a chiropractor to maybe help with the pain.

I also just want winter to be over so I can start walking and riding bike again forcefully through the pain that comes with it.  I never thought I'd actually want spring and summer to come so fast as I love the cold days.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Any, don't be so hard on yourself. I got a 27 on my ACT 6 years ago. I was pretty darn proud of it because I suck balls at math and science. 30 is a ridiculously good score.

I would cry if I GOT a 4.0 any given semester. haha.
  • edited February 2012
    I have another:
    I know that Troy and I shouldn't get married anytime soon (we're broke, our families are still healing, we're both in school etc) but I want to be engaged and to get married. I feel like we've been through hell and back and although it'd just be a piece of paper, I want to feel like we're on the "same team" officially.

ETA: I feel closer to him than I ever have and our relationship has matured a great deal in the last year. It just sucks that we have to take things slowly for the sake of my family.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It sucks to be large-cheasted too, Rachers.  Dresses don't fit up top, bikinis are a nightmare, especially when you buy them in a set.  I have big boobs and very little bum.  Its awkward.
    Photobucket
  • I have felt lately like I'm having a full blown life crisis (existential? Mid life? Whatever) and I know absolutely nothing to fix it. I feel like absolute shiit about everything (my professional life, my finances, my health, my future) even though I realize from the outside its not THAT bad and I feel like adam and my mom are the only people who get it. I just want something to happen, good or bad, so I can just fucking move on, but everyday is the same.
  • AnysunriseAnysunrise member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_confessions-24?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:fcaaa492-892e-4c8e-91e7-d3e522fbbc0ePost:e48cecd6-5849-4da1-ad9d-93a67225fc40">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Any, don't be so hard on yourself. I got a 27 on my ACT 6 years ago. I was pretty darn proud of it because I suck balls at math and science. 30 is a ridiculously good score. I would cry if I GOT a 4.0 any given semester. haha.
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the math and the science parts are what're giving me a bit of trouble, but I think if I just slow down a bit I'll be okay. Unfortunately, I'm always ridiculously hard on myself. Like, if I don't do something perfectly, I break down into tears. True story.
  • SEWFSEWF member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_confessions-24?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:fcaaa492-892e-4c8e-91e7-d3e522fbbc0ePost:e48cecd6-5849-4da1-ad9d-93a67225fc40">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Any, don't be so hard on yourself. I got a 27 on my ACT 6 years ago. I was pretty darn proud of it because I suck balls at math and science. 30 is a ridiculously good score. I would cry if I GOT a 4.0 any given semester. haha.
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

<div>When I took the ACT, I got a 26 the first and only time I took it. I was contemplating taking it again, but then I saw my two former best friends' scores. One got a 19, and the other got a 21. They were both in the AP classes I wasn't allowed to take (my teachers were idiots). I got a perfect score on the English section. I SO wanted to take that paper and rub in my English teacher's face, along with my former best friends who talked about how I wasn't smart behind my back.</div><div>
    </div><div>/end rant.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_confessions-24?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:fcaaa492-892e-4c8e-91e7-d3e522fbbc0ePost:b3f48266-2e0f-435a-bab7-8046c0db3e4a">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions : Yeah, the math and the science parts are what're giving me a bit of trouble, but I think if I just slow down a bit I'll be okay. Unfortunately, I'm always ridiculously hard on myself. Like, if I don't do something perfectly, I break down into tears. True story.
    Posted by Anysunrise[/QUOTE]

Well, 30 is a really good score so even if you don't get that, you still are really smart. Do you have specific schools in mind yet?
  • I confess that I wish I boobs that needed lifting.  

Boobs that need lifting > a 5 year old's chest
  • I confess that I dislike almost all of you and I only post and lurk because I can laugh whenever you make biitches out of yourselves.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_confessions-24?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:fcaaa492-892e-4c8e-91e7-d3e522fbbc0ePost:df39a2ca-d5ce-4bc2-a4db-4ae3432e13af">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Are they bad pics AATB?
    Posted by ILoveMilkDuds[/QUOTE]

No.  Usually just pics of my cousin.  Today she is sending me pics of my sisters and I when we were little.  She's trying to manipulate me.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_confessions-24?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:fcaaa492-892e-4c8e-91e7-d3e522fbbc0ePost:2607563f-2d0a-410e-affb-ccb13b973cca">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions : When I took the ACT, I got a 26 the first and only time I took it. I was contemplating taking it again, but then I saw my two former best friends' scores. One got a 19, and the other got a 21. They were both in the AP classes I wasn't allowed to take (my teachers were idiots). I got a perfect score on the English section. I SO wanted to talk that paper and rub in my English teacher's face, along with my former best friends who talked about how I wasn't smart behind my back. /end rant.
    Posted by SEWF[/QUOTE]

Haha I know what you mean! I got a 34 on the english section and I was so proud of it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards