September 2012 Weddings

major check - venue!!

after looking at 5 places i finally found one i loved!! going to sign the contract on saturday - i can't wait! it's nice to finally be able to let out a sigh of relief - a major check done so soon!!! :)
-kristine!

image 233 made the cut!
image 186 are ready to party!
image 47 are party poopers!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: major check - venue!!

• Congrats!! I know that is a big relief off your shoulders.  So tell us about your venue
    80 said yes image
  • Post us some pictures please!!! :)

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Make sure the venue has insurance.  If anything happens in the 2 years till the wedding, you won't lose your deposit.
    It's time. Adoption saving and process started in November 2012.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • lucky! ive looked everywhere where i live and i cant find a church that has the charm i want where they allow liquor, outside foods and other ministers.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • there are some beautiful pictures on the website -http://www.theenglishmanor.com/

we're going to have the ceremony out in the gazebo (they have two so i have to choose!) i signed the contract this morning..it was so exciting! :)

and i got a baby bottle of champagne and two glasses..everyone i've spoken to is so nice and wonderful and helpful with my questions.

i hope the time flies by because i can't wait! :)
    -kristine!

image 233 made the cut!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That is really pretty. We don't have anything quite like that in my area. Is the reception inside or outside?

If you don't mind me asking, how much was your venue with food? I am trying to get ideas.

• Congrats on the venue...it looks gorgeous!
    Anniversary
  • the reception will be indoors but i have the option to have an outdoor cocktail hour.

it was very reasonably priced! we're having an afternoon reception. it is $82 pp plus tax & 18% gratuity for cocktail hour, 4 course sit down meal and wedding cake. even the evening reception was pretty decent at $106 pp. i was initally gung ho for an evening reception but after seeing the price difference, and since we're paying for it ourselves, i switched to the afternoon. and we have more time at the venue with an afternoon reception. we're able to arrive 3 hours prior to ceremony whereas with an evening reception you can only arrive 45 minutes before it starts.
    -kristine!

image 233 made the cut!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That is an awesome price. The venues in my area aren't super awesome. They are either hotels, country clubs, or historic houses with no place for a reception. I wish we had a place as pretty as that. Congratulations :)

• Congrats! I still have no idea where to look. Did you go with your fiance? or with someone else?
    Mrs. Lorraine Ennis Anniversary Visit The Nest!
  • i started looking by going to a few bridal shows that venues were holding. i didn't really know what i was looking for until i got here and loved it!

i went with my mom. my fiance is in the coast guard and currently living in new orleans. it's been tough doing things for the wedding without him here but he won't be back in new jersey until june and i was getting anxious.

good luck to all! i know it sounds cheesy and cliche and everyone says it, but you really will know when you've found the perfect place!! :)

-kristine!

image 233 made the cut!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Awesome, congrats!!

I've been stressing over venues for the past month but last night I think I might have found a place in my budget and totally gorgeous. So I'm getting happier about it :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards