South Carolina-Charleston

Cricket and Kyles Catering

Does anyone have a review of Cricket and Kyle's catering, Their prices are great but I only saw one review online and it was horrible service apparently.  Would love to  hear some other opinions.

Re: Cricket and Kyles Catering

• Purple&7Purple&7 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did a tasting with them and weren't impressed! The guy forgot that we were coming and didn't have anything ready. He had to pull up our emails to see what we wanted to sample. Then we had to sit at his desk and try the food while he checked his email and sent replies. The food and service weren't good, so we went with Southern Occassions Catering and have had a much better experience!
  • edited December 2011
    I asked them for a quote b/c our venue recommended them, but they never sent it to me. I finally had to ask them again. When I got the quote after my 2nd request, I then sent them another email asking them to make some changes and I didn't hear back from them. Nearly 10 months later, they send me an email following up on the quote they sent me asking me if I was still interested in their services...um, no...
    My Food Blog: Slim Pickin's Kitchen Our Wedding Website Photobucket Anniversary Daisypath Halloween tickers BabyFruit Ticker BFP #1: Mother's Day 5/13/12...m/c Memorial Day Weekend 5/26/12 BFP #2: 2/16/13...Please, baby, please be a sticky *fingers crossed*
  • mkdaniel14mkdaniel14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know I'm commenting on my own, but I have been dealing with them for about 2 months now. Their food was absolutely amazing when we came in for a tasting everything was set up and ready to go and we were even abit early.  He showed me pictures of previous events and his cakes he makes and has been extremely good about emailing me back with all questions/suggestions/menu and price changes.  Couldn't ask for a more down to earth guy who seems to really know the business. Will def. be going with this company for the wedding
  • Purple&7Purple&7 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad to hear that you've had a great experience with them!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-carolina-charleston_cricket-kyles-catering?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:600Discussion:8c522dcb-b840-4347-8710-e8b8298a6f82Post:99f035cc-9cfc-45bd-b90e-34631034b39a">Cricket and Kyles Catering</a>:
    [QUOTE]Does anyone have a review of Cricket and Kyle's catering, Their prices are great but I only saw one review online and it was horrible service apparently.  Would love to  hear some other opinions.
    Posted by mkdaniel14[/QUOTE]

DO NOT USE this Caterer! We paid him $800.00 and never recieved the contract and he won't answer our calls. We ended up choosing another caterer. He is a scam!
  • DO NOT USE. WE HAVE BEEN SCAMMED OUT OF $1,500 AND TAKING A COURT CASE OVER IT AND NOW HAVE NO CATERER 3 MONTHS BEFORE OUR WEDDING.
  • @bradchristy We had the SAME thing happen to us, except with Southern Occassions!! We ended up using Music Man's BBQ. I wish we had went with them from the beginning!!

Good luck!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards