Michigan-Detroit
Options

BM Poll

I'm actually able to be on here a little bit a work today...so I thought I'd start a little poll.

How many BM do/did you have?
How did you pick them--any regrets?
Are you close to all of them or were there any you chose for your FI?

Re: BM Poll

• Options
    edited December 2011
    How many BM do/did you have? - I have 5

How did you pick them--any regrets? - they were all close friends.  the only regret i have is not making my cousin my MOH.  it makes it a little easier to deal with since she is in oklahoma and not able to help with much planning.

Are you close to all of them or were there any you chose for your FI? - i am close with all of them.  i didn't choose any for my FI but i would have if he asked.  he doesn't have any sisters and doesn't really like his SIL.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    sunkissed212sunkissed212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How many BM do/did you have? 5 (would have been 6 but one of my SIL's declined)

How did you pick them--any regrets? They were all really no-brainer's. My SIL, my 3 best friends, and FI's sister. I also asked my other SIL but she declined.

Are you close to all of them or were there any you chose for your FI?  Well from the second we asked FSIL I have regretted it even though I know it really isn't an option. I mean it is, but it isn't. She's not horrible she just isn't as easy to deal with as I had anticipated and she has been driving me crazy lately. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    TTC #1 since 8/2010...2 years, 6 IUI's and 1 m/c later...
    08/2012 IVF #1, 2 5-day blasts transferred 8/19 = BFP! Beta 1 (8/28)=241, Beta 2 (8/30)=457, Beta 3 (9/5)=3,813, u/s 9/13=Twins!, u/s 9/21=Surprise...there's one more! TRIPLETS!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Julz629Julz629 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

There was never really any question about mine.  My sister is my MOH.  2 college roommates who I am still really close with.  My closest friend that I've met post-college.  And a friend who I've known for 22 years and even though we aren't super close on a daily basis, she's still a really good friend.

I am close to all of them, and FI knows them all very well, but they are my friends.  FI doesn't have any sisters and I don't have any brothers so we didn't have to worry about picking our bridal party for each other.  I did ask him if he felt like I should ask his brother's GF (who will likely be engaged soon) and he told me no.
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How many BM do/did you have? - I have 4

How did you pick them--any regrets? - No regrets. Two are good friends, one is a cousin and one is my FI niece

Are you close to all of them or were there any you chose for your FI? - i am close to all of them except the niece i didnt really know her but FI said he wants her so i don't mind

Anniversary

TTC since March 2011
    DX: MFI
    Taking a break from being poked and prodded
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How many BM do/did you have? 7

How did you pick them--any regrets? All of them were my best friends & cousins. I started to regret picking a MOH at all - I think the title can get to peoples' heads. 

Are you close to all of them or were there any you chose for your FI?  I'm with Kim on this one - I asked SIL to be in the wedding & regretted it. Everyone (her family) told me not to ask her & I did anyways. She said yes.. but then dropped out the day before dresses were to be ordered.   I didn't ask a long time friend (who had drifted a little) to be in the wedding because we were set on 7 & I really felt family should come first. Needless to say, it was a little embarrassing but it all worked out in the end. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How many BM do/did you have? 4-5

How did you pick them--any regrets? My MOH is my best friend, 1 of my BM's is another best friend and also FI's SIL (we met through her), 1 BM is a good friend, 1 BM is his cousin and if we have a 5th it will be my cousin

Are you close to all of them or were there any you chose for your FI?  I am close to all. FI pretty much told his cousin that he is close to that she could be BM without really consulting me, but I'm OK with it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How many BM do/did you have? 4
    How did you pick them--any regrets? No regrets, two long time friends and two sisters.
    Are you close to all of them or were there any you chose for your FI? They are the people who are closest to me so it was a pretty easy choice. FI doesn't have any sisters but even if he did, I would be shocked if he 'expected' me to ask anyone besides who I wanted. We both feeel like the wedding party are people that the should be selected for a reason, not just because. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm having 2- my sister (Maid OH) and my best friend (Matron OH).

It was a no-brainer. We wanted a small BP, so FI asked his 2 brothers and I just picked my two besties to go with. Then we added 7 nieces and nephews and 2 goddaughters so it is not a small BP, but it is adult-wise.

I am definitely close to my side- his brothers not so much, but FI chose them on his own. He's actually the one with the big circle of friends, so he easily could have had a huge BP. I don't really have any other close girl friends, so I'm glad we went small.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How many BM do/did you have? I had 4.

How did you pick them--any regrets? No regrets - they were: my SIL (no-brainer), MOH was my best friend since I was 2 (again, no-brainer), a friend since high school, and a friend I met through Brian (she is married to one of Bri's best friends). 

Are you close to all of them or were there any you chose for your FI? I am close to all of them.  I met Erica through Brian, but she has become a good friend of mine... :)
  • Options
    jodyk23jodyk23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How many BM do/did you have?  I have 4

How did you pick them--any regrets? My best friend from high school is my matron of honor, as I was the maid of honor in her wedding; my best friend since college is my maid of honor; my sister is next; then a good friend since college. I was regretting that I didn't ask my friend Megan since I am pretty close to her and I was just in her wedding last October, however, I knew they planned on getting pregnant right away and I didn't want to have to plan around that or have her drop out. Turns out she found out she was pregnant in November, so she'll be over 7 months pregnant at my wedding! No more regrets!

Are you close to all of them or were there any you chose for your FI? I am close to all of them. What really works out well is that my matron of honor and sister live close to where I grew up and my maid of honor and other bridesmaid live where I do. So 2 of them with host a shower in my home town and 2 will host a shower where I live. FI's sister's are older (almost 40), so we are going to have them do a reading at the wedding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How many BM do/did you have? 5

How did you pick them--any regrets? My MOH is my best friend, 2 are my sisters and the other 2 are FI 2 best friends from college.  I am really glad that I chose not to have one friend who I had been really close with, but drifted from recently--I think I really would have regretted that.

Are you close to all of them or were there any you chose for your FI?  I asked FI if he wanted to include his two best friends, who I have also become friends with through him and he really wanted me to.  They are not my closest friends, and I don't talk to them daily, but I am friends with them and they have been GREAT so far.
  • Options
    katiebird1981katiebird1981 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How many BM do/did you have?  6

How did you pick them--any regrets?  5 of them are close friends, but one has being MIA for the past couple months and she's the one that I've known since 3rd grade.  Honestly, I would say that I do regret asking her.  The other BM is FI's sister.

Are you close to all of them or were there any you chose for your FI?  I'm close to FI's sister and the others have been somewhat helpful with wedding stuff.  Due to living out of state it makes it a little difficult to stay close with people.  We'll see what happens after the wedding.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    sunkissed212sunkissed212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How 'bout I didn't put all the answers with the right questions?! Really, it's that kind of Friday. ugh.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    TTC #1 since 8/2010...2 years, 6 IUI's and 1 m/c later...
    08/2012 IVF #1, 2 5-day blasts transferred 8/19 = BFP! Beta 1 (8/28)=241, Beta 2 (8/30)=457, Beta 3 (9/5)=3,813, u/s 9/13=Twins!, u/s 9/21=Surprise...there's one more! TRIPLETS!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    catstoy73catstoy73 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How many BM do/did you have? 3

How did you pick them--any regrets? I don't really have any close girlfriends. Most of my friends are guys and my best friend since kindergarten hasn't talked to me in 4 years (just after I started dating Dave) and I have no idea why. My next door neighbor and I were close and always got along so when Dave proposed, I asked her to be my MOH, my friend Lisa whom I've known for a while and my MOH's daughter (can you say HIGH maintenance?). My MOH wasn't there for my 2 showers (her friend scheduled her c-section for that day after we had already set the date and said she couldn't get out of work for the other) and her daughter was acting like a B! and I didn't want there. My friend Lisa was there for me every step of the way and whatever I needed done she jumped in and did it without being asked. My MOH did do my flowers and did an amazing job but that was really the only thing she did. She wanted to leave the wedding at 11pm because she and her family were going to Kalahari for a few days and they had to leave at 6am.

Are you close to all of them or were there any you chose for your FI? I really don't talk to my MOH or her daughter since I moved in with Dave. I really only talk to my friend Lisa.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How many BM do/did you have? 5

How did you pick them--any regrets? IThey were all the wives of DH's friends, DH's cousin and my sister  and no regrets. How did I pick them, they are the only friends I had. 

Are you close to all of them or were there any you chose for your FI? I am close to all of them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How many BM do/did you have?  3
    How did you pick them--any regrets?  aside from saying yes, this was the easiest thing I've decided.  my MOH is my best friend since junior high, another is a close friend from HS and the third is a close friend from college.  they have all been there for me for some of the hardest things in my life, I can't imaging them not being there for one of the best. it hasn't been long, but no regrets so far.  :)
    Are you close to all of them or were there any you chose for your FI?  these are all my friends from HS/college.  FI does have a sister (a twin, actually), but he agreed we should keep it to who we are closest to so it wasn't necessary to ask her (part of the reason we kept it to 3).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How many BM do/did you have? 7
    Mine were no brainers. I am choosing not to have a MOH because 3 of them were my best friends since grade school, one is my closest college friend and roommate, and the other 3 were the girls I studied abroad with and love to death! My only 'regret' was just feeling like I had an enormous unwieldy bridal party! But honestly I wouldn't have it any other way.
    Absolutely I am close to all of them! Bryan doesn't have any sisters and his brother passed away 10 years ago, so my younger brother is standing on his side. I'm surprised we had a naturally balanced WP of 7 per side! My favorite groomsmen on his side are not his friends but his 2 cousins--they're the best!!
  • Options
    Melgor78Melgor78 member
    edited December 2011

How many BM do/did you have? 3

How did you pick them--any regrets? moh is my sister and the bm, one's my bf and the other is a good friend.  I wish I had asked my bf to be moh instead of my sister.  She been more helpful and involved, when my sister said just tell me when to show up for the wedding I knew she didn’t want to be bothered.

Are you close to all of them or were there any you chose for your FI?  I’m close to all of them

• Options
    kbattle1022kbattle1022 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://detroit.weddings.com/Sites/weddings/Pages/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_bm-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:b7378619-2c4d-45e4-8588-f3780f9a2f6fPost:ab0065a4-c1fd-47a5-8325-c7b4d25e4afc">BM Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]How many BM do/did you have? How did you pick them--any regrets? Are you close to all of them or were there any you chose for your FI?
    Posted by allikl62[/QUOTE]

4 BMs (including MOH) - my sister, his sister, my best friend from high school, and my best friend from college.  No regrets, glad I didn't have more!  I was/am close to all of them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How many BM do/did you have?8
    How did you pick them--any regrets?They are all my closest friends and my sister. No regrets at all.
    Are you close to all of them or were there any you chose for your FI? I chose them all. Fi wanted his sister to be one, but I am not really close with her and that made no sense to me. Just like my brother isn;'t one of his GM, they aren't close. I made my brother an usher.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How many BM do/did you have? 7

How did you pick them--any regrets? Most of them were no brainers. I originally only wanted 6. I have a maid and a matron of honor. The other 5 are close friends and FSIL. I have one regret. And I blame it on FI for making me choose another one. He got a little tipsy one night and asked a friend to be his 7th GM. So that forced me to ask another girl. We were close in the past but have drifted apart as of recently. She's having a baby in late May. I told her I completely understood if she didn't want to stand up in the wedding with a new baby and all of the other financial responsibilites, but she accepted. We will see how things go!

Are you close to all of them or were there any you chose for your FI? I am very close with all of them. 5 of them I have been friends with since middle school and high school. The other two are FSIL and my best friend from college. I chose FI sister, but that was more of a no brainer. He asked my brother so I asked his sister. It all worked out!
  • Options
    geduftygedufty member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How many BM do/did you have? 5, originally 6
    How did you pick them--any regrets? My MOH is a good friend from HS who I stopped talking to for a few years, but she was always there for me, even as we grew apart. Come to find she is engaged too and also looking at my venue. Not okay. I am thinking of asking her to just be a BM because all my other girls have already done so much more for me than she. I think she just doesn't care. So yes, I regret asking her at all. Anyway, another BM just got pregnant, so that's why she dropped out. My remaining BM's are a younger and close cousin (who is SO excited), my bff from grad school, my FSIL, and my cousin's new fiancee (they just got engaged in November and are getting married June 18th, and I love her). So I am very happy with my other decisions. Can't have it all, right?
    Are you close to all of them or were there any you chose for your FI?Didn't choose any for FI. He could care less. He actually told me not to ask my friend from HS, but I didn't listen and now I regret it. Don't tell him I said he was right...hee hee!Laughing
    **My Bio** Wedding Countdown Ticker FINAL COUNT 128 image
  • Options
    jbasore1123jbasore1123 member
    edited December 2011
    How many BM do/did you have? 4
    How did you pick them--any regrets? My maid of honor is my younger sister so she was a given. I also chose my FI's two sisters and my best friend
    Are you close to all of them or were there any you chose for your FI? I'm close to my sister and friend but trying to get closer to his sisters. I was hoping that this would bring us closer and that they would be interested in doing stuff for the wedding, but thus far it has been like pulling teeth. I've gotten frustrated and cried many times at their lack of responce to looking for dresses. I asked them to just look for dresses they like- they didnt do it. I found about 8-10 dresses and asked for their opinion- one never wrote back. they finally said they liked one of my dress choices but that it was too much money and asked me to find it for cheaper. This left me calling more than 15 stores all around the state (including ones right by them) to find it for them for cheaper. I then got a phone call from FI;s mom telling me that her daughters were too busy and I need to pick the dress... umm, I go to school, have a job, have an internship, and am planning my wedding. They don't have anything going on besides for school and can't even bother themselves to answer "yes, i like the dress" or "no, i dont like it"

Sorry for the rant, it's just what I have been dealing with since early December
  • Options
    GwenwhyfareGwenwhyfare member
    edited December 2011
    How many BM do/did you have? 3, possibly 4

How did you pick them--any regrets? Nope, 2 of my 3 are my sisters (MOH & JR-BM), third is the Best Man's wife whom I'm pretty close with. Fourth possibility is FI's sister. She lives out of state and I'm not sure if she would be up to it or not. I'm planning on asking her in the next few weeks and if she says no, wont be the end of the world.

Are you close to all of them or were there any you chose for your FI? Yep, close to them all. FI kind of insisted that the best man's wife be in our WP, but I already knew I was going to ask her. I just let him think it was his idea..:)
    There is no death. Only a change of worlds
    life | home
  • Options
    edited December 2011

How did you pick them--any regrets? No regrets at all! They were all pretty much no brainers! Sis is my MOH, 3 high school friends, & 2 girls from grad school. I've known all of them for many years!

Are you close to all of them or were there any you chose for your FI? They are all definitely my friends although Justin loves & gets along great with all of them :)
    **Beth**
    Old Planning Bio
    FOR SALE!!

May 15, 2010
    image image
  • Options
    *LBR**LBR* member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How many BM do/did you have?  4

How did you pick them--any regrets? My MOH is my best friend since freshman year of high school. One of my BM is my sister, and the other two are close couple friends of ours.

Are you close to all of them or were there any you chose for your FI? Yes I am close to them all. I got to know 2 of them through FI, but we have become close as well. I also feel like I would rather have people stand up that are close to the both of us and that I really see us remaining good friends for awhile.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards