Wedding Etiquette Forum

Am I really the only one around?

Re: Am I really the only one around?

• Hi

(** TK might have ate my other post, so sorry in advance if this is a dup)

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Hi. 
    I'm waiting for the advice nurse to call me back, since my doctor sucks at answering emails.
  • I'm here, this might just be a drive by though.  I finished cutting my backyard for the first time and it sucked.  Holy eff I need to hire a husband.  Now i just took a shower and am debating running to the store for a few groceries.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm shocked I'm not out celebrating St Patrick's Day.  Instead I'm in the bedroom watcing Parking Wars.  DH is in the living room watching another Bruce Willis movies.  I just can't get into Bruce today.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Beachy, I told H that I don't do lawns when we got together. :D Maybe you just need to hire someone to cut the grass. haha

Sara, I hope you are okay!

Lynda, ChefD is super smooshable.
  • Thanks Snippy.     He is such a good dog.  Well except for not being completely housebroken, but that is more DH's fault.  He has way more accidents with DH than me.  Which means DH is not paying attention to his cues.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_am-i-really-the-only-one-around?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3ee69b84-3c8d-4cf1-84af-6f80f91c2c65Post:1c18aad7-d9a5-418a-8904-40e2f2e4a365">Re: Am I really the only one around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm shocked I'm not out celebrating St Patrick's Day. 
    Posted by lyndausvi[/QUOTE]

Philly is a farking mob scene since the Erin Express is today and it's St. Patrick's Day.  I couldn't even walk down Chestnut St.  The day is so lovely here (70s!) and so many babies, kids, families and eldery people are trying to get out, but all the drunken people are making it really hard and turning everyone off.
  • Thanks Snippy!

It's pouring rain here, and I love it. 
  • Hello!

I'll be here off an on, inbetween having to do real work. 

It's beautiful here (73), and I'm stuck at work.  Poo.
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_am-i-really-the-only-one-around?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3ee69b84-3c8d-4cf1-84af-6f80f91c2c65Post:5ed9e80b-9733-4d69-b5f7-67e98721b854">Re: Am I really the only one around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Am I really the only one around? : Philly is a farking mob scene since the Erin Express is today and it's St. Patrick's Day.  I couldn't even walk down Chestnut St.  The day is so lovely here (70s!) and so many babies, kids, families and eldery people are trying to get out, but all the drunken people are making it really hard and turning everyone off.
    Posted by Joy2611[/QUOTE]

<div>I've spent a few St Pat's days on South Street.  Those were the days.</div><div>
    </div><div>We are always crazy here in NOLA.  They just have an excuse today.  We might go out later and check out one of the parades.    </div><div>
    </div><div>Speaking of parades. It's funny to me how every parade consists of people throwing beads.   I've only been here 6 months and I'm already over beads.</div>

• tidetraveltidetravel member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2012
    SHOW ME YOUR BOOBS!
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_am-i-really-the-only-one-around?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3ee69b84-3c8d-4cf1-84af-6f80f91c2c65Post:15ecfa0d-d445-4c3e-8135-089c8bd2e716">Re: Am I really the only one around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]SHOW ME YOUR BOOBS!
    Posted by tidetravel[/QUOTE]

<div>LOL -</div><div>
    </div><div>I've seen more boobs than I care to remember.  The ones who like to show them tend not to be the ones that should be looked at.</div>

• Hi there.

I'm jealous of the nice weather.  We're having flash flood warnings right now.  I would just really like some sunshine.

I think we're going out to dinner tonight with BIL and his pregnant gf.  They just found out they're having  a girl so we bought a cute onsie.  I'm excited to have a new baby girl in the family.. I love girl clothes.
  • Yeah.. it was 40 today. :(

I have to admit, I totally forgot that it was St. Patty's day. Not really celebrated here.

Tide, I can't believe how big your kids are! ACH!

Any of you guys really familiar with Boston? I have been trying to figure out where to say when I am there (ideally close to the airport).
  • I had a very traumatic event this afternoon.  I was going out the back door of the garage into the yard, and there it was.  A SNAKE.  I don't do snakes unless I"m at the zoo, on the other side of the glass sticking my tongue out at them.

I scream, DH comes to see what is going on and I point out the monster.  Like a jerk he just says, "Oh, cool!"  No, idiot, it isn't cool.  It's traumatic and my life was in danger.  I don't care if it was a garter snake.  It was 50 feet long, 5 feet around and it could have squished me and killed me.  All DH said was, "Would that be an accident?  Would I get more life insurance?"  Big jerk.

When the g'kids go to bed tonight I"m gonna need a margarita.
  • I'm sorry Kmmssg, but I had to laugh at your near-death experience.

• But, Lynda, IT WAS A SNAKE!  I hate those slimy bastards.
  • I guess you don't want to see a picture of me with a 7 foot snake around my neck?

Actually I would not post the picture.  I had a very bad 1980's hair do and attire in that picture.

• Um., NO!! My 9 yo granddaughter loves snakes and wants one for a pet.  She will be a great animal owner someday, but maybe if I buy her a pony she will forget about the snake.  She is a big fan of Billy the Exterminator.
  • anyone still around?  
    nothing exciting going on here, besides the fact that it was 80 degrees today.  crazy.
    i had a good thrifting day - good estate sale this morning.  I needed a certain Pyrex bowl to complete a set that I got at the sale, so I figured i'd go check the local Savers.  Well. holy shiit, they had the entire set sitting there.  For $15.00.  I've never seen the whole set anywhee.  So I still need the one bowl, but I also now have a complete set :)  I was excited.  haha.  
    Photobucket
  • AND the photographer (the dog one) emailed me.  He's having a book done and wants to put Beefy in it.  AW.
    Photobucket
  • That's awesome KJB. About the bowls, and Beefy.

I'm just finishing dinner. Yes, I cook my own Birthday dinner. H is semi helpless in the kitchen. He did however surprise me with the fixings to make our own Shamrock Shakes. He's been asking me for weeks what I want for my birthday and I told him a Shamrock Shake since I hadn't had one in years.

He also bought me two DS games I've had my eye on. Yippee!
  • It's sad when old Pyrex bowls make me happy, isn't it?
    And happy birthday to you :)
    Photobucket
  • Pyrex is the shiz though. I have two sets of bowls. They last forever.

And thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards