Not Engaged Yet

I feel like I'm in the Bridesmaids movie

Hi ladies, I am flying down tomorrow to see my sister in San Francisco tomorrow. As excited as I am, I am also super super nervous to fly. I seriously feel like Kristen Wiig in Bridesmaids. Is anyone else like this? Someone please tell me it's no big deal and that I need to relax.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: I feel like I'm in the Bridesmaids movie

• aw! It is no big deal, relax. ;)
    I looooove that scene in the movie though.

Yay for seeing your sister. Any particular reason for this visit?
  • She just got transferred back to Seattle where I live and so I'm coming down to help her pack! I haven't seen her since March so I am pretty excited.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_i-feel-like-im-in-the-bridesmaids-movie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:3c053c25-915b-46e1-84a4-2e4effbe4b58Post:d231988c-c4a2-44b6-8abb-4050192e61d3">Re: I feel like I'm in the Bridesmaids movie</a>:
    [QUOTE]She just got transferred back to Seattle where I live and so I'm coming down to help her pack! I haven't seen her since March so I am pretty excited.
    Posted by steign[/QUOTE]

How fun! Are you two close in age?
  • I'm sorry, I can't really help with your flying fears, but I can give you this quote from Bridesmaids:

Annie: What kind of a name is 'Stove' anyway? What, are you like a kitchen appliance or something? 
    Flight Attendant Steve: No. My name is Steve and I'm a man. 
    Annie: You are a flight attendant. 
    Flight Attendant Steve: You are... absolutely accurate. 

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Just don't down a glass of hard liquor with some meds and I'm sure that you will be fine.  :) No need to worry everything will fine and in no time you're sister will be joining you back home in Seattle.  Always wanted to visit Seattle. 
  • You will be fine!  Flying is easy and fun and if you don't have that attitude take lyn's advice! 

Are you going to do anything fun in the city?
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• I used to HATE to fly and my father is a pilot on top of that!  I eventually got over my fear probably because I fly more now than I did when I was afraid of flying.  Also, this year I flew in a few really small airplanes and was fine.

Also, hard liquor helps.  Just don't take it with any meds.  Or take meds and not any hard liquor.  Or you will be like Kristen Wiig in that movie lol.

See if your flight has in-flight wifi (go-go I think the name is) it's about 10 bucks or so, but I find that keeps me busy during the flight.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Whatever...there is totally going to be a colonial woman churning butter on the wings. Good luck with that. HA!
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• I am feeling much better today but, it might change in a few hours. I think I will avoid any hard alcohol on the plane, but I think I am going to have a glass of wine before I go!

Jen - my sister and I are about 2 years apart, so we are best friends.

Tiger - I'm also waiting for the lady next to me to turn to me and say "I had a dream the plane went down....you were in it."

Lyn - You should definitely visit Seattle! Even though it does rain quite a bit, We have beautiful summers here.

Buddy - I used to love flying! Up until I was around 18-19 then something changed. I'm hoping I get over it soon.

Bean - Lol! In that case I hope there's no air martials on the plane to arrest me.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards