African American Weddings

Knottie of the Day - MrClintonsFirstLady09

Sorry about there being 2 of you today...Pasma missed hers due to a flight so I have her on for today as well...hope you dont mind...

1. First Name & Fiance's First Name

2. Your Birthday & Age and Fiance's Birthday and Age

3. City Born In?

4. City Live in?

5. Where did you go to college?

6. What was your major?

7. What is your current job?

8. What is your dream job?

9. How did you and your fiance meet?

10.  When did you get engaged and how did he do it??

11. When is the Wedding Day?

12. Where is the ceremony and reception?

13. What are your wedding colors?

14. Where are you honeymooning?

15. Favorite wedding vendor so far?

16. Biggest wedding splurge?

17. What is something you wish you could have at the wedding but don't?

18. Another knottie wedding you'd like to attend?

19. Favorite book?

20. Favorite movie?

21. Favorite tv show?

22. Favorite wedding dress designer?

23. Any advice you can give?

24. Anything you wish you could change about your wedding?

25. Share something about yourself!!
AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

Re: Knottie of the Day - MrClintonsFirstLady09

• edited December 2011
    I am so flattered to be knottie of the day. Wow. I didn't log on because I was soooo busy today and I didn't get to get on here until now. thanks so much!  Well here goes the deets:

1. First Name & Fiance's First Name: Michelle & Vonzell

2. Your Birthday & Age and Fiance's Birthday and Age: Mine Nov. 1st age 38, Him July 30th age 35

3. City Born In? Jacksonville Florida

4. City Live in? Charlotte, NC

5. Where did you go to college? Did not finish but I attended Florida Community College at Jacksonville.

6. What was your major? Wanting to major in psychology. I wish I had finished.

7. What is your current job? I am a Team lead for Pitney Bowes Legal Solutions, supplying Support Services for Bank of America.

8. What is your dream job? To be the CEO of Bank of America (which is where our office is housed lol).

9. How did you and your fiance meet? Believe it or not, at the gas station.

10.  When did you get engaged and how did he do it?? We got engaged Christmas Day, he was very sweet with it. He did it in front of his friends and family. I was suppose to go home that Christmas but had to work. It was really a great Christmas and I am glad I stayed.

11. When is the Wedding Day? April 25th 2010

12. Where is the ceremony and reception? Ceremony is at the Unity Center for Spirtual Living and the reception will be held at Mahlon Adams Pavillion @ Freedom Park.

13. What are your wedding colors? Black and White with Burnt Orange and Mango as accent colors.

14. Where are you honeymooning? We are not going on our big honeymoon until next year but we will have a mini moon Memorial Day weekend in the mountains in TN with my matron of honor and her fiance'.

15. Favorite wedding vendor so far? My baker. She rocks I love her.

16. Biggest wedding splurge? Von wouldn't really allow me to splurge on anything as we were trying to stick to a strict budget.

17. What is something you wish you could have at the wedding but don't? That cigar roller lol. Von found out the price and was like heck no lol.

18. Another knottie wedding you'd like to attend? I would love to attend Tamtam7 wedding. She and I have been going through the same planning stress but I would love to see how her day turns out.

19. Favorite book? Coldest Winter Ever

20. Favorite movie? The Color Purple

21. Favorite tv show? Living Single

22. Favorite wedding dress designer? Maggie Sottero

23. Any advice you can give? Don't let the wedding planning stress you out and be sure to allow yourself enough time to plan your perfect day.

24. Anything you wish you could change about your wedding? I would not change a thing. I cannot wait for that day to get here.

25. Share something about yourself!! I am a very good listener. Easy to get along with. Love life. Love meeting new people. Loyal friend. Fun to be around. Dont take no mess and I hate drama!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • ladylumladylum member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011

MrClintonsFirstLady, you are so serene. How do you stay that way?

Why is the Coldest Winter Ever your favorite book and did you read Midnight's story?

I read the Coldest Winter Ever some years ago and it was a good book. I wanted to smack the main character to make her see there is more to life than hustlin' and material things but there are people out there who are just like her that will NEVER learn.

• edited December 2011
    Hey girl! I loved reading about you. Your job seems fun, but that dream job would be bananas. As for the cigar roller, we can split the cost and you have him on your day for half of the cigars and I will have him for mine with the other half. LOL......
  • edited December 2011
    I love reading about you too. i hope you do get that dream job. That will be so cool!
  • edited December 2011
    VERY COOL to learn more about you! WOW! Your wedding is right around the corner.
    My Wedding Planning Bio (Updated January 24, 2011)
    Created by Wedding Favors
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
    image 102 Making the Trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 64 Can't make the trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 6 Can't decide or won't let us know Smiley!
    R.S.V.P Deadline April 30th!!! SMH!
  • edited December 2011
    Michelle we are going to BLINK and April 25 will be here. I just can't wait. I wish I could come and see how it turns out!!
  • edited December 2011
    Yay for Christmas proposals and Maggie dresses! We have those things in common. I enjoyed reading about you!
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    thank you eagles :)
  • edited December 2011
    Great reading about you! I'm headed to Charlotte tomorrow for a girl's only CIAA trip.
  • edited December 2011
    You are going to have a good time!!!! I am trying to decide what night I want to go out. They have so much going on. But my pockets can't handle these cover charges if I do it all 4 nights. So we will see.
  • edited December 2011
    Michelle,
    Great to know more about you. Im over here lmao! We have something in common. I met FI at the gas station to. LOL!!
    Your day is coming around so fast. Ohh I cant wait to see pics. And thanks for your words of advice. I have started to look at our expenses to see if we can either cut back or get a better deal.
  • edited December 2011
    I enjoyed reading about you!  I have to say, why wish you finished when you can finish!  Go for it girl, go back and finish your degree.  After planning your wedding AND dealing with unnecessary drama, finals and research papers will be soooooo easy!!
  • edited December 2011

Thanks for sharing your story.  I wish I would be as calm as you are during this stressful period of planning.   Please share some of your helpful tips of staying calm and collected?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards