Pre-wedding Parties

Bachelorette Party help/ideas

Hello there!

I know that the bachelorette party is "not my job" to handle, but I am still looking for some suggestions...My MOH is kinda of taking charge and when talking over the weekend about things I may like to do, was very disinterested in including my younger cousins who are in the wedding. (18, 15 and 11) I mentioned maybe doing a cosmic bowling night with them and get the bachelorette party accessories and the bowling alley does have alcohol for those that want to and are old enough to drink and then we can just do a girls night out another time with some of my older friends. Her response was "well they'll be included when we all get our nails done the night before the wedding so you don't really need to do anything special with them) I just don't know what to do and I don't want anyone's feelings hurt. Any input/suggestions are more than welcome. Thank You!

Re: Bachelorette Party help/ideas

• edited December 2011
    The only thing I can suggest is to say, "Thank you, but I will have to decline any party that would not include all the bridesmaids, since it wouldn't be fair to leave anyone out."
  • mysticlmysticl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I agree with pp.  If the kids (or their parents) decline an invite then it's fine to go ahead a make it more adult but they should at least be invited to an event that is appropriate for them to attend. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • IAmLymeladyIAmLymelady member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was a bridesmaid for my sister when I was too young to legally drink (18).  I was cut out of the bachelorette party and while I completely understood it, it made me feel like I wasn't actually a member of the bridal party.  I like the suggestion of having a bachelorette party that includes everyone and then having a girl's night out as well, but the cosmic bowling sounds really fun!  That's a really good idea.

She's your MOH, so she must be close enough to you that she'll eventually understand (even if she doesn't understand now).  If you say that you really want everyone there but you'd love to do a girl's night out with the older girls, the only possible thing I could see is that she might start worrying about the cost of two events, but you could offer to pay for yourself for the girl's night out.
  • lkenney2003lkenney2003 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all! I definitely don't want my cousins to feel like they're not a part of it just because of their age. I was a bridesmaid in a wedding when I was 16 and it made me feel kind of bad when all of the older girls were talking about what a great night out they all had since I wasn't included in anything at all and they didn't do anything special with me either. I have told my MOH that I have no problem pitching in with the cost of things. I've put a bug in my mom's ear also since they're all talking to her about their plans, so maybe she can reiterate how much it means to me to have everyone included.
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with everyone else also. I was actually part of a bridal party once & I wasn't invited to the Bachelorette party simply b/c it was in KC (4 hours away) and they didn't think I wanted to come. I had really bad feelings toward the whole group of them even my friend she should have said something and made it my decision to drive or not.

Also there are a lot of fun bowling alleys that also have dance floors too that might make the party more fun like Pin up Bowl in U. City (check the age on that one) 
  • QuesttaQuestta member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's your party so be sure they know who you really wish will be invited. I've been to several with underage people and even a mixed guy/gall party. They all were so much fun. Some fun Ideas from both:

How about doing a Bubbly Tasting?! Get three different Champagne/ sparkling wines and three different sparkling ciders/ juices. Organize a blind tasting for both and pick out the Bubbly to pour at the wedding.

or

I went to a go-cart race track for one bachelorette party. We giggled the whole way around the track. Have prizes for the race winners.

• AshRoussAshRouss member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was apart of a wedding when ALL the Bridesmaids and the bride were underage.  We played pool, had dinner and played tourist in Las Vegas. It was a wonderful experience and we all enjoyed our time together.  The brides mom played a part in the party and was the only one who had alcohol. 
    Cooking my way to happiness!
  • lkenney2003lkenney2003 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all for some great ideas. I'm glad you guys don't think I'm crazy for wanting to include them. I'm a pretty easy going person, and I hate to ruffle anyone's feathers and I would hate to be the reason that someone is hurt or left out.

Hopefully she takes suggestions from the other bridesmaids as well and listens to my "requests" Smile

• edited December 2011
    My little sister (16) is my MOH and she obviously can't drink or go to the clubs.  We ended up doing the "Awesome 80's Prom" in NYC and it was a huge hit!  Had cheap dinner down in Little Italy (walked through the city in our tanks and flip flops and got lots of attention.)  Was also great because I had 2 pregnant attendees and they were also comfortable in the setting.  Would recommend getting discount codes or checking hiptix as regular prices are a bit on the expensive side.  Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    My MOH rented a limo and all of us girls went out to the vineyards to do wine tasting. We stopped at 5 different places, had lunch, drank lots of wine...It was great! it is something to think about if you have vineyards in your area.
  • RachAisleRachAisle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My MOH is having us do a few different activities - something artsy early on so I can invite my Jr Bridesmaid, some dance lessons, dinner, & then the late night stuff after.

Different people can join in when they can & for however long.

I think the artsy part will involve going to one of those "Paintable Pottery" places.

Good luck! I think it's awesome that you want to include all the bridesmaids and that priority should be accommodated.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards