May 2013 Weddings

How did you choose your hair and MUA? (XP)

I am having a hard time choosing a hair and makeup artist?  I have viewwed several portfolios online and read reviews of course, but it is so difficult to pick when multiple artists get great reviews and have interesting portfolios.  I can't afford to do multiple trials (though I will have a trial with whoever I pick), so how do I know I really found the best hair and MUA for me?  How did you guys decide who to go with?  I haven't been to any recent weddings in the area so I can't get first hand recommendations.

Re: How did you choose your hair and MUA? (XP)

• edited January 2013
    My hair will be done at the salon that I always go to for regular cuts/colors. 

Sorry, but I can't help you with much with MUA because one of my BM is doing mine.  She's a Sephora Pro Artist :)

You could try going to your favorite dept store/makeup counter and seeing if they do wedding makeup?

ETA: you could also try posting on your city board, I'm sure someone else from NY would be able to give you a recommendation.
    May 2013 Brides February Siggy: Invites imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am using a MUA and hair stylist reccomended by my wedding planner. Did trials with both! I would suggest using someone who your friends/family has used in the past if you're not sure just based on pictures and online portfolios. Good luck!
  • I actually just booked mine today.  I am using someone a good friend used for her wedding.  I also checked out prices and their pictures.  I jsut saw this post on the Boston board.  I would deff check out Verde Salon and Special Event Beauty.  Verde is who I am using and they are located in Braintree.  SEB was my other choice and they are located in Bridgewater.
    May 2013 FebSiggy... Invite... Different Type of Ribbon/Knot Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I got recs for a MUA through my local board. I had her do my makeup for my e-pics as a trial and then booked her on the spot. 

My hair stylist has been doing my hair for 18 years so that was easy for me.

• I googled and there were only 3 hairstylists in the small town we are getting married, this guy has 30 years of wedding hair experience and I absolutely loved him after my trial.  I had him hunt me down a makeup artist and I am hoping to do a trial with her soon (though my mom thinks I am nuts for wanting to do a trial...*sigh*)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    My Pregnancy, Wedding, Home DIY blog!
    Dating: 7.1.2008 Engaged: 11.25.11 Austin: 07.21.12 Wedding: 5.4.2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards